X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • Interests:(Check my website)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:48 AM

ok well i succesfully flashed my dux2 and the xbox turned off, when i turned it back on it booted like usual without the changes i made with the new flash. and now when i try to boot in bank 1 it frags. but when i boot to bank 0 everthing boots norally, whats going on all solder points are fine.

Edited by cyfi, 21 June 2005 - 02:50 AM.

#2 eugenek

eugenek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:58 AM

first of all what motherboard version is it

if its 1.6 or 1.6 b u have to flash bank1 with the right type of bios

from what you are saying, lets asume u have v1-1.5 and you flashed bank 0 and it boots , well boots what, xbox bios or the bios u loaded?

then when you switch to bank 1 it frags?

did you flash both banks?
if yes with what bios?

normally you have to get the latest 512kb bios, then like I said flash bank 0 or 1 for v1-1.5 and bank 1 for 1.6-1.6b and then it will boot to new bios and xbox dash with little indication along the way that its not original, like a logo or something

bioses are also different for different versions

hopefully some of this helps, i pretty much mastered duox2 and can install it with my eyes closed

Oh ya make sure your chip is flashing red led when u turn it on, that means all solder points are good

#3 eugenek

eugenek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:00 AM

sorry didn't mean to explain this to u like to a newb, didn't see how many posts u have lol, hopefully it helps some other newb along the way

#4 cyfi

cyfi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:10 AM

alright ive got a v1.1 and i flashed in bank 1 inflash mode (followed directions from xecuter.com) and i would supposedly have a succesful flash but when i boot to bank 0 it boots to my dashboard like it always did beffore, so verything was the exact same as before but when i try to boot in the cormlwell thing in bank 1 it frags.

#5 eugenek

eugenek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:12 AM

wrong bios
or wrong bios size
or wrong bios type, had the same thing happen on my very first flash, what bios u loading?

#6 eugenek

eugenek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:23 AM

I am currently using x2_5035_vOld_512k.bin on all my duox2s for 1-1.5
its already cinfiged to load evox first and aval. second

at this point since u overwrote your cromwell you can use a flash utilitie, look em up under software on xbscenes front page

boot ur box with case open under bank 0 then once it boots up switch to bank 1 and use flashing tool to flash it

thats it u r done,

I used flashx_1.0 xecuter cause flashx1.2 wont run for some reson, it took about 20 minutes to flash but it worked

#7 cyfi

cyfi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:29 AM

thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic