• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:39 PM

Ok a couple of days ago I was playing Splinter Cell. it was 4am I beat the game and I was looking at the menu. I saw the option to "download new level" and dispite the fact that I dont have XBL I clicked it and of course got the message that I need Live to D/L but rather than pressing B to cancel I pushed A to "subscribe". Now this was 4am mind you and I wasn't thinking straight... it got about 3/4 of the way through "updating" when I remembered I had a modchip and remembered hearing about modchip problems with XBL and people getting banned. so I dove at my xbox and shut the power off mid update. I booted it back up and Evox was replaced with the MS dash...

I've considered getting XBL for game updates like the splinter cell one. that's all I really care about. So my questions are:

-Could I be banned already? and
-Is there some place I could get the Splinter Cell update other than Live and "the usual places" (I'm not big on piracy)?

#2 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (twistedsymphony @ Mar 31 2003, 01:39 PM)
Ok a couple of days ago I was playing Splinter Cell. it was 4am I beat the game and I was looking at the menu. I saw the option to "download new level" and dispite the fact that I dont have XBL I clicked it and of course got the message that I need Live to D/L but rather than pressing B to cancel I pushed A to "subscribe". Now this was 4am mind you and I wasn't thinking straight... it got about 3/4 of the way through "updating" when I remembered I had a modchip and remembered hearing about modchip problems with XBL and people getting banned. so I dove at my xbox and shut the power off mid update. I booted it back up and Evox was replaced with the MS dash...

I've considered getting XBL for game updates like the splinter cell one. that's all I really care about. So my questions are:

-Could I be banned already? and
-Is there some place I could get the Splinter Cell update other than Live and "the usual places" (I'm not big on piracy)?

A.Yes theres a good chance your banned
B. They might be on XboxSaves.com

#3 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 March 2003 - 08:28 PM

twistedsymphony, check the pinned topic here about the Kola Cell download.

BTW, it was not good you turned off your Xbox when it was updating the crucial C drive...I just hope you didn't mess any things up. sad.gif

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 April 2003 - 09:13 PM

everything seems to be in order. I typicaly back up my HD afer every change I make so I took the opertunity to install the latest EvoX and XBMP, which is what I typicaly use the xbox for.

hmm it looks like the kola cell d/l is Live only material. I dont have any game back ups so I'm not worried about that end I just want to play the level.

seeing as I dont have Live I can't use the X Y Z code to see if I've been banned. is there some other way I can tell before chaning being banned before I even buy Live, or is my doom pretty certain.

If so what's a good eprom programer to buy ")

.... on another note I didn't really care about ppl leaching my wireless until I caught word that they canceled their internet because they were just leeching off of me... I probably wouldn't have minded had they asked.... but the fools ended up dropping $120 in having their internet "installed" again HAHA

#5 nipnip

nipnip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:17 PM

Hi , interesting, I have the same question !!!

In my case, I haven't started the "Xbox Live setup" process, but I have just opened the "download content" menu (without an installed XBLive account) with the ethernet cable plugged in and my router working...

Is there a chance that I might be banned?
Is it possible to check if I'm banned, without having to buy the XBLive starter kit?

Thanks for your answers.

#6 kyokushin

kyokushin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (nipnip @ Apr 9 2003, 02:17 PM)
Hi , interesting, I have the same question !!!

In my case, I haven't started the "Xbox Live setup" process, but I have just opened the "download content" menu (without an installed XBLive account) with the ethernet cable plugged in and my router working...

Is there a chance that I might be banned?
Is it possible to check if I'm banned, without having to buy the XBLive starter kit?

Thanks for your answers.

I did the same thing

I haven't started the "Xbox Live setup" process, but I have just opened the "download content" menu in Splinter Cell

have i F*#$* up ? unsure.gif

#7 gainpresence

gainpresence

11 herbs and spices

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:35 AM

Death to Smoochy

#8 kyokushin

kyokushin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Apr 27 2003, 11:35 AM)
Death to Smoochy

well it's nice to see that everyone is hear to help and yes i have looked at other post that why i have not started a new one.

Any one with a quick answer ?

I haven't started the "Xbox Live setup" process, but I have just opened the "download content" menu in Splinter Cell

(without an installed XBLive account) with the ethernet cable plugged in and my router working

I pressing B to cancel.

So the question is am i to late ?

unsure.gif

#9 kyokushin

kyokushin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:16 PM

Humm sad.gif

#10 kyokushin

kyokushin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 04:53 PM

unsure.gif is there no one out there that can help me ???????????????

#11 kyokushin

kyokushin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 07:22 PM

Anyone ?

#12 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 April 2003 - 08:02 PM

this is an old topic, i remember reading it wink.gif

#13 RayTwoOneThree

RayTwoOneThree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:05 PM

I know this cus i did it on a XBOX that I modded for someone.I have XBOX LIVE on my xbox with a mod chip W/ Switch.So what i did was Put in the XBOX LIVE Disk in the xbox with the mod chip on then i updated the dash....After it updated I tryed to go to account recovery but i couldnt log on.It wouldnt let me get on...so i try my xbox with the switch off and i was aale to get on...so i guess i get that guys xbox banned..LOL

#14 aaronsam

aaronsam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

I have to thin you are banned because when you access ANY xbox live menu's (from what i know) it scanes for a modchip and if it sees one it will make a 'bad packet', first time you connect to xbl it sends the packet and then bans your hd key....

from what i know you need to change you HD key and mother board key (on board bios, eprom) thus flashing ur eprom is very dangerous... so...

#15 kyokushin

kyokushin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:00 AM

Humm... dry.gif I did not install the xbox live software. I did even try and start the install.
When it asked me what i would like to do i.e Prees A to update to xbox Live and press b to cancel.
I pressing B to cancel.

Does this mean iam still stuffed ??? sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users