#1 mcbeat

mcbeat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:07 PM

lordvader129 posted
"you cant really "change" the animation with a TSOP flash, but you can remove it entirely, then just have a custom intro video with UX or something, it works real well and looks stock (if you get a decent resolution video)""
in http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=400742

i think this refers to ux as unleash dashboard???? i MUST be wrong? ux is a bios?
im just confused i'v read the post agen agen but im not sure
what is UX anyone?

thankyou

#2 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, he is talking about UnleashX because you can make video skins for it. I have actually done it, and it works quite well. As for the video playing on bootup, I don't think so. The animation that plays is part of the bios, and to my knowledge, UnleashX has made no bios.

#3 mcbeat

mcbeat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

thanx i thought he meant use ux to make a boot up video in bios
i think he meant disable ani in bios and make one with ux

ux being unleash

#4 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:02 PM

as for editing the bios animation (flubber) itself with a TSOP flash, it is possible but you have to be careful or you might end up with a brick. your best best would be to use IND-BIOS or an X2 bios with X2 config live since those bioses have their settings stored in a config file on the HD. if you need to change a setting, you don't have to edit the bios and reflash. you just ftp and edit the file to your liking. These bioses do take a few more seconds to boot since they need to initialise the hardware/HD first but you get used to it.

the alternative is to modify the bios of your choice in XBtool, EVtool and/or kernel basher and flash it. if you want to change the animation, boot order or anything else, you need to edit the bios again and reflash.

#5 mcbeat

mcbeat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:20 PM

im flashing winbond tsop on a 1.4 or 1.5

im planing on using x2_4981 because nobody has answers to why the newer
x2_4982 and x2_4983 are encrypted????

i'v read ur post
""""""""
4983 is not supported by xbtool since it is encrypted. you will need to unpack the bios with xbtool (you can still do this) and edit the kernel (xboxkrnl.img) with a hex editor.
""""""""
whats the difference's between 4983 and older 4981?

i'v read about "an X2 bios with X2 config live" this but does x2_4981 have a config? no?

theres also a blue version of x2_4981 on xbins which wont open with xbtool sad.gif
i'd be happy with this

#6 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

4982 and 4983 had new features that team xecuter didn't want other people getting their hands on, so they encrypted the bios.

you can do anything with a TSOP flash that you can do with a gen3 modchip....but i believe you need an X3 bios to actually change the bootup animation to something else.

lordvader's way (delete the flubber animation from startup and make a splash screen loading video via unleashx) would be a decent replacement.

i'm not sure why the blue bios won't work with xbtool....but find another blue bios, open it, save the color configuration, download a regular run of the mill 4981, open it with xbtool, load the color config, and then save it.

Edited by cmiz, 21 June 2005 - 04:53 PM.

#7 mcbeat

mcbeat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

i'v had no luck finding another blue bios, so im "thinking" of trying kernalbasher to change the flubber color's from the original x2_4981 (i think it has been done?)

what features did xecuter not want people to have? i cant see the change log with any newer bios files after x2_4981.

thanx

#8 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:18 PM

what features did xecuter not want people to have?

Experimental X3 bios code.

whats the difference's between 4983 and older 4981?

They are the same (in features, not code)

Get a fresh copy of 4981_fixed.rar from xbins, then edit it.

#9 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:11 AM

the blue flbber 4981 form xbins DOES open with xbtool, make sure you are using the newest version

#10 mcbeat

mcbeat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:37 AM

Updated Kernel ID code so that JbOnE's flubber modded kernel (X2 4981 based)
will be recognized.

thanx lordvader the info above says that JbOnE made it? is the more info on him? a thread i could read?

sorry more questions sad.gif
1,dvd drive check is faded out and cant be used any1 know why?
2,the fan speed is at 24% im using a 7200gig hdd what speed should i use (range) i think 40% too loud? too much?
3, is splash logo the X logo? why it turned off is it not colored?
4, does x2_4981 scan for dashboards? i have read it does so what should i do executables order?
5, why would any1 embed there hd key?
6, if i open the bios with kernal basher could i see the flubber settings yes?

thankyou guys for helping!

#11 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

1: its faded because the dvd check is turned off on all x2 bios, there is no need and no point to tunring it back on

2: HD rpm and size really has no bearing on heat produced, i use 24% and it works fine, if you notice your temp getting too hot (155 is about where you should be getting worried) then you might want to turn it up

3: the splash logo is the MS logo that comes in under the X, its also the X2 logo that replaces it in x2 bioses

4: just set whatever xbe you want it to boot in xbtool, thats what i always do

5: if there eeprom is corrupt, it also has development capabilities i believe

6: im not sure kernel basher can open x2 bios, i thought it was just for iNd bioses, but then ive never used either so i woudlnt know

#12 mcbeat

mcbeat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:56 AM

thanks agen!

i'l try logox2 if i choose to have slash logo theres a good number of bmp on allxboxskins.com and i think they can be used? and even change aslong as there the right size 100 x17 and certain kb? im not sure plus they might be grey scale?
any1 know how to use this with x2_4981? because it is supported

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users