• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ian192

Ian192

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:44 PM

Flashed me xbox many time before and played with too much today.. well installed modified m8 bios and blam now nothing.. it clicks twice now and on the third time the lights just flash green and red with no audio or video working. Can hear hard drive firing up and dvd drive opens but doesnt do anything to help.

BIOS: Apple X 1 - 1.1

1. Can this be fixed?

2. Is it the bios chip thats knackered and not the mobo one, and if so can i just put a new chip and will work again.

Thanks in Advance,
{{INX}}

#2 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

What modchip do you have (if its an Apple then what version since some Apple modchips have multiple baks so you could always boot with the other). If you messed up the flash on the modchip an it only has 1 bank then you will need to hot flash the chip with another good one or have someone flash it for you. Once you have a working modchip your xbox should be back to normal.

#3 Ian192

Ian192

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:54 PM

MY CHIP

#4 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:57 PM

I would just get another modchip and forget about that one (or hot swap it and keep it but its prety old anyways)..Get a Duox2 (not the Duox2 Lite but the original Duox2 instead because you can recover from a bad flash on the regular Duox2 yourself since it has 2 banks but on the Lite you only have one bank so only one shot to get i right)

Edited by ModdingManiac, 21 June 2005 - 11:59 PM.

#5 otherguy

otherguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

I would just get another modchip and forget about that one

what's wrong with an old chip? they're the same freaking thing as the ones available today and they still run the same bioses as all the other chips.

The problem is not with your modchip, it's just because you flashed a bad bios onto it.
Hopefully it's installed on a pin header. If this is the case then all you need to do is a hotswap. get a buddies box with a chip installed and pop it in there to reflash it, or send it to someone in your area (or me smile.gif ) to reflash it. Or you can purchase a new cheap chip (doesnt matter which one - the cheaper the better) and reflash your old one using the new one (Then you have a spare incase this happens again).

#6 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:02 AM

I said that because either way he either has to get a new chip to hot swap (in which case is better to keep the newer chip and get rid of the other one)..If he sends it so someone to have it flashed, he will be spending about the same amount of money haven it shipped as getting a Duox2 chip. So he might aswell order a Duox2 unless there is someone locally that is willing to fix it for free.

#7 Ian192

Ian192

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:08 PM

Cheers guys, both suggestions sound cool so will buy a new chip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users