#1 Jymdog

Jymdog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 08:03 PM

O.K.

I heard it was possible to play a dvd from the xbox hdd. So I did
all the reseach and I tried it for three days straight with no success.

first I got xtoolbox and ripped the dvd to the xbox harddrive. Next I tried to play the vob files with xbmp 2.3. This would cause the xbox to freeze and lock-up.(although the intro vob looked fine, it just played about 20times to fast)

I then proceeded to ftp the files over to my pc. I used smartripper to decode the vob files. But I believe the files were already decoded using xtoolbox. Smartripper did not encode or created any new files
it simply searched for the key once it found the key it didnt do anything else.

So I then tried DVDecrypter, unfortanately I couldnt use it because I dont have a pc dvd reader or burner. And I couldnt figure out a way to get DVDecrypter to find the vob files.

last but not least I downloaded dvd2svcd. It found the vob files or I pasted them (I cant remember which right now) and it did its conversion and everything. When I tried to play the files on my pc.
the movie was corrupted and the sound had all kinds of crackle and pops and whistles.

Can someone help me out with a way to back-up a dvd movie WITHOUT a PC DVD DRIVE. Using only the xbox dvd drive.

Thanks in advance.
uhh.gif

#2 djjangelo

djjangelo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 04:55 PM

Good questions...

#3 ZWinFlame

ZWinFlame

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 03:59 AM

Is there an xbox software which decodes a movie from xbox itself?

I currently use CladDVD and transfer the vob's to XBOX through a crossover cable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users