7 replies to this topic

#1 mcman82

mcman82

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:52 PM

This may sound like a stock problem, and it should be, buuut I dont think it is, check it out:

Ok, so i use this indepth tutorial (very nice): http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=183856

I use the UnleashX dashboard (Evox settings NEVER save after I change and hit SAVE.....) and I set the appropriate settings to exactly like the tut says. I use a crosslink cable to try to connect. No luck no matter what I do, so I think 'ok, bad cable', and buy a new one.
I do the same thing with the new cable and still no Fing luck. Now however, my LAN connection flips between connected and disconnected when I enable it (very odd). Another thing I should point out: when I set up the right settings (IP, DNS, yes/no etc) on my xbox, the tut says my static IP should come up on the dash; but it never does. It says 0.0.0.0 WTF!? I got an autoinstaller for the dashboard installer a year ago. Is it possible that package was messed up and wont let me ftp??

#2 Otrice

Otrice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:37 AM

make sure you follow the tut exactly, if this doesn't help try the evox or avalaunch dashboard, i use avalaunch, but i would just get a router it will make it much easier, this way it will be a DHCP ip rather than a static. If you have a router you can just set it for DHCP and it will be autimatically done with the dashboard.

#3 Otrice

Otrice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:40 AM

if you are using static maybe you are not setting your computer ip to 192.168.0.1 remember this must be done.

#4 venadium23

venadium23

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:31 AM

I had a similar problem that I never solved completely but I think it was either a hardware problem with the NIC or something with the BIOS or the eeprom maybe. If your MAC address is listed anywhere as 00:00:00:04:00 then you're having the same problem I am. The NIC just doesnt work at all under most dashboards but for some reason it does after I launch XBMC. I think XBMC has a better FTP daemon anyway so I'd probably use it even if evox did work. So anyway, give XBMC or maybe Avalaunch a try, that one works for me sometimes too.

#5 hpvac

hpvac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:45 AM

it sounds more like a missconfiguration problem to me, i've used evox all along since i moded my first xbox and i never had that problem, try this, set up your network card on your computer to use 192.168.2.1, the connect the crossedover cable to the xbox, after you connect the cable, turn your xbox on and go to the configuration screen (i really havent use other dashboard than evox or avalaunch, but i always configure evox and avalaunch gets the configuration right away, on your configuration screen scroll down to the part where it says "use static" and hit YES otherwise evox WON'T save the setting no matter what you input, after you set use static to yes, then (an just then, not before, enter your xbox ip address, lets make it 192.168.2.2, subnetmask on both must be 255.255.255.0, gateway, dns and all other stuff doesn't matter since you are only connecting your xbox locally over a crossover cable so, i wouldn't bother to enter all that stuff, then save your settings, and reboot your xbox, that should do the trick.

after that, try pinging your xbox, (windows xp: start, run, cmd (enter), ping 192.168.2.2 and see if it replies, the reason why evox always gives 0.0.0.0 its because:

1.- you connected your cable AFTER turning on the xbox, and not before

2.- you skiped the step about set your ip address to "use static" and always tries to get ip from dhcp server (which doesn't even exist)

i hope that might help.

#6 mcman82

mcman82

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:39 PM

Wow, I can now finally connect. However I cant ftp to it using my normal FTP program (SSH)... Do i have to use flashfxp?

I just found it WILL connect to my box with that program, but I would rather use my freeware program....

#7 Otrice

Otrice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:33 PM

i use smartftp it a good ftp client and its free

Edited by Otrice, 23 June 2005 - 11:33 PM.

#8 hpvac

hpvac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:11 AM

glad i could help wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users