10 replies to this topic

#1 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

I have just reciently desided to make my system a dev kit and am in the process of getting everything to do the setup. Right now I am mainly intrested in screen captures (both still and motion), though coding may come later on down the road. I have obtained "Xbox XDK (BIOS and XDK Launcher and Dashboard 4627 cracked)", "TATX_Debug_Dual" BIOS, "TATA AnyDash Plugin", and am getting "XBOX.XDK.5933.UNOFFICIAL-WAM". I believe that is what I need (what I've deduced from the many tutorials). I will be reflashing my TSOP and telling it to boot to XBMC. Now I know that I have to give my Xbox a static IP so that it won't get "changed" in games. Will that affect system link gameplay with non-dev systems? If it does, how can I get it to work (short of makeing the other systems devs)? Also my Sbox has become my DVD player (damn standalone died). Will this effect DVD playback in any way? And I've been reading the problems with Halo 2 with the solutions. Will what I've got work? I'm not sure if a newer BIOS or XDK is needed, or what.

I'd like to thank all constructive help in advance.

#2 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

I've found this page (link). According to it: "The IP address used in-game is the invalid address of 0.0.0.1. Also, the broadcast address of 255.255.255.255 is used in polling available client consoles." If this is true then does it mean that all 'boxes joining the game get something like 0.0.0.2, 0.0.0.3, and 0.0.0.4? And if that's the case, what happens when I make my IP something like 192.168.1.3? Will the joiners get 192.168.1.4, etc? Or will it screw things up? What if I set the IP to 0.0.0.1 and then try and join a game? Will it see the host as 0.0.0.1 and give IP conflict? Or will the host see mine as 0.0.0.1 and give its self 0.0.0.2?

Again TIA.

#3 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:49 PM

About the 0.0.0.1 IP thing: I've found this:
QUOTE(FooLiP @ Nov 3 2004, 07:36 AM)
any latency over 50ms is likely to feel sluggish, anything over 100ms will have the client xboxes complaining of lag.

i don't understand the rest of the post as the english is not clear (sorry) but under system link conditions all the xboxes assume the IP 0.0.0.1

View Post

Can this be confirmed: That all Xboxes get the IP 0.0.0.1? If that's the case, then connecting via IP shouldn't work. Or because there is only one XDK, it'll only respond? Would the dev. kit let my computer connect to an invalid IP? Ok, so say I set the IP to 0.0.0.1 and it actually works right; An IP of 0.0.0.1 shouldn't mess up games in non-system link "conditions". But would it?

#4 Daggerx

Daggerx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:26 PM

user posted image

Im pretty sure some1 will lead you in the right direction..

I bid you God Speed. biggrin.gif

#5 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:23 PM

Daggerx, Your PM lead me to this: "IP Addy:- This is the debug IP. When an xbox runs in debug mode your xbox has 2 IP's. Please enter an IP that is unused and is valid for your network." (Readme) Now if that's a fact, it answers all my IP woes: The game(s) use 0.0.0.1 to interact for system link and the dev kit uses the static one that gets entered. I'd like some confermation though...

#6 Daggerx

Daggerx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

this is me:

when I ftp to my box the ip is 192.168.0.3
the debug ip or unused ip is 192.168.0.4 = ip addy
my pc ip is 192.168.0.2

check the pic

user posted image

the ip on the bottom left should match the unsuded ip aka the debug ip which for me
its 192.168.0.4

so now my friend apply this scenario to your situation...

oh yeah and when u get up and running post a pic.. biggrin.gif

Edited by Daggerx, 24 June 2005 - 02:30 PM.

#7 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:41 PM

What is the XDI\1.6\ folder for? And the Readme also says that it works for Halo 2 but not Halo. Is that right or does it work for you?

#8 Daggerx

Daggerx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(AnimeCommander @ Jun 24 2005, 11:52 AM)
What is the XDI\1.6\ folder for? And the Readme also says that it works for Halo 2 but not Halo. Is that right or does it work for you?

View Post

readme is pretty accurate..
follow it along...
I dont think anyone can take halo one pic unless they use a vidcap card
If they can they will correct me soon enough..
all the legwork is already done for you..
now its time for you to apply what ur reading..

What is the XDI\1.6\ folder for?

that automatically goes where it needs to go when you use the debug installer

s that right or does it work for you?

its right..

take care..

Edited by Daggerx, 24 June 2005 - 03:20 PM.

#9 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(Daggerx @ Jun 24 2005, 07:26 AM)
readme is pretty accurate..
follow it along...

View Post

EDIT: Read your edit after posting my reply. Your edit answered this reply. Thanks, time to see what happens.

Edited by AnimeCommander, 24 June 2005 - 03:22 PM.

#10 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:45 AM

Ok, I got it working. But there are a couple snags:

1 - I can't capture video in games. The program either tells me the "client timed out", "client failed to respond", or in Halo 2's case, "client reports out of memory".

2 - Video captureing has no sound (did it in XBMC while playing a file). Do I have to capture sound sepratly? I couldn't find an app to do that (I installed "XBOX.XDK.5933.UNOFFICIAL-WAM"). Or is that a capture card only thing? Which would suck, considering I am trying to avoid spending the extra money.

3 - My "TATX_Debug_Dual" BIOS won't load. I thought the above might be the BIOS. I was using ("IND" something). XIG shows it's loading splash screen then just goes black and hangs (with the "IND" one it would say "Loading IND BIOS" or something like that, then go back to my dash).

The "TATX_Debug_Dual" BIOS is 1024 kb and it's Readme says it's two 512 kb BIOSs. I do plan on flashing my TSOP, but currently lack the time to take my 'box appart and sodder the nessicesary points. I know that the TSOP is 1MB. Is there an app that would let me see the 'pieces' in the "TATX_Debug_Dual" BIOS? And would flashing the BIOS fix the above issues? My plan is to go 'full dev' once I flash the TSOP. Do I need the dev dash to fix 1 and 2 above? I'll be trying the flash and full dev install once I am full sure of knowing how to 'go back' if it doesn't work.

#11 AnimeCommander

AnimeCommander

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:30 PM

I figured out that my Taxt BIOS was only flashable. However, my TSOP flash just keeps getting more and more complicated. So untill I can find a BIOS that I know will let me do what I want, this whole damn thing has been put on hold. Either that or it's time to scrape up some cash and just buy a damn capture device and deal with it that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users