10 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 01:58 AM

ok, I've noticed that it's possible to connect an xbox HD to your computer and unlock it. Is it possible to apply hacks to the hd without any add-ons to the xbox and just inserting the HD into your computer and doing it? If so can you please show me a simple tutorial on how to do it because I'm quite new with this.

#2 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:24 AM

Can someone just answer me this: if I connect the HD, get the password from my xbox, unlock HD, will I be able to install hacks that would work on the xbox later?

#3 leigao84

leigao84

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:43 AM

No it MUST be unlocked first! Since it uses the sub-set of ATA, there is no way you can use it without unlocking it, all you have is a paper weight! And don't be mad about it either, it's your fault for not do some research!

#4 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:48 AM

wtf u talking about, I said to unlock first, based off this tutorial http://www.xbox-scen...cles/pc-hdd.php

Edited by Shadowcat, 01 April 2003 - 02:50 AM.

#5 leigao84

leigao84

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:51 AM

Is it possible to apply hacks to the hd without any add-ons to the xbox and just inserting the HD into your computer and doing it? If so can you please show me a simple tutorial on how to do it because I'm quite new with this.

<--- I'm saying this is impossible, unless you mod the xbox and unlock the HD! And I think that's what you were asking! Of course if you already unlocked it, it's easily done! You can't unlock a HD on a PC.

Edited by leigao84, 01 April 2003 - 02:54 AM.

#6 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:55 AM

I did, I was just unsure if you can UPLOAD TEH DAM HACKs!11 using IPSWin 2.0 to the harddrive from a PC because I don't know how to unlock the hd from my xbox, which I ask on the very top. And I believe from that tutorial it is possible to unlock, with a bootdisk and the files hdunlock.exe, hdunlock.pas, hddisabl.exe, and hdddisabl.pas you should be able to unlock the HD with the password thats given by Evox when you make a backup.

Edited by Shadowcat, 01 April 2003 - 02:58 AM.

#7 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 07:04 AM

So after I unlock the HD, I..? Stick it into the PC or should I try to create an ftp server between the two?

#8 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 April 2003 - 07:07 AM

No, you can't put files on your Xbox HD when it is connected to your PC and then put it back into your Xbox. Your PC and Xbox have different file systems which one can't understand the other

#9 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 07:26 AM

I can use ftp though, right?

#10 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 April 2003 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Shadowcat @ Apr 1 2003, 03:26 AM)
I can use ftp though, right?

Yeah, you can FTP from your PC to your HD in your Xbox no problem.

You just can't install your Xbox HD in your PC, put files on it, and put it back in your Xbox. That doesn't work.

#11 aiax

aiax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 08:30 AM

you should be able to modify the cccontent of the disk while it's ide connected with a program called hdd driver for win xp/2000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users