• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fonamna

Fonamna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:49 AM

I took the plunge and modded my xbox. After finally remembering to plug every last cable in and some install hicups, I got it. Messed around with the XBMC, played some Divx and mp3's.
Then I dicided to bump up my resolution for my HDTV. Well, now all I get is the Flashing Green And Red. sad.gif
I did backup my C & D drives but not my E. sad.gif

I have reflashed the modchip, but that didnt change anything. Also if it's any help in diagnosing, I get the dash sounds for a few seconds when starting then a double reboot and FRAG.

Please help.

Is there anyway I can change the resolution back?
Barring that how can I restore my backup?

#2 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:26 AM

It seems like the EEPROM is screwed, it does that sometimes when changing resolutions or region settings.

If you have a 1.0-1.5 version Xbox, this is a way to fix it..
Get the X2 4981.06 bios and Xbtool and a copy of your EEPROM.bin (or someone elses), the X2 4981 bios allows embedded eeprom which means using Xbtool to embed a fresh eeprom image inside the X2 bios, so when you boot this bios from the modchip it also boots the eeprom replacing your corrupt one. Once it boots normaly you can then load Configmagic on the Xbox to look at and fix your real eeprom.

You will need a programmer to flash your modchip, or someone elses xbox to flash it.

You could also desolder your eeprom chip and swap it for a new one, as long as your hard drive is unlocked.

#3 Fonamna

Fonamna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'll try grabbibg those tools and flashing the eeprom.

#4 Fonamna

Fonamna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(modbox_ @ Jun 24 2005, 12:37 AM)
It seems like the EEPROM is screwed, it does that sometimes when changing resolutions or region settings.

If you have a 1.0-1.5 version Xbox, this is a way to fix it..
Get the X2 4981.06 bios and Xbtool and a copy of your EEPROM.bin (or someone elses), the X2 4981 bios allows embedded eeprom which means using Xbtool to embed a fresh eeprom image inside the X2 bios, so when you boot this bios from the modchip it also boots the eeprom replacing your corrupt one. Once it boots normaly you can then load Configmagic on the Xbox to look at and fix your real eeprom.

You will need a programmer to flash your modchip, or someone elses xbox to flash it.

You could also desolder your eeprom chip and swap it for a new one, as long as your hard drive is unlocked.

View Post

I just wanted to update this thread with my successes (sp?). Modbox_ you were right, my eeprom was hosed. I took your suggestion and got the 4981.06 bios, flashed my chip and was able to see a dashboard. I was able to keep flashbios on bank 1, so flashing the chip later was not an issue.
I used ConfigMagic on the Slayer disc and was able to reflash my eeprom with the one default one on the Slayer DVD. After switching it out of german, I was pretty much good to go.

Modbox I owe you the biggest thanks a noob can offer pop.gif . I thought she was a goner, or at the very least I was going to have to throw money at the box to fix her. Again a big THANKS Modbox_ beerchug.gif

#5 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:41 PM

Glad to help smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users