• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sttn_lw

sttn_lw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:55 AM

could anybody tell me what dashboard is better evo x or xbmc? i'm just a newbie and it would be greatly appreciated

#2 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:44 PM

It's all a matter of personal preference.. I personally use avalaunch as my dash. Also, has nothing to do with xodus chips.. moved.

#3 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

why not have both. you could use software to boot to like x-select which will select a dashboard, or if you have a chip with a switch for multiple banks, edit the bios to boot a different bios. if this was moved from the xodus forum i assume you have a xenium ice. So edit 2 512kb x2 4981 bios' using xbtool to boot to a different dash on the harddrive. then flash each to the banks on your modchip. you could use x2 5035, but if your using two then the config files would conflict would they not?

#4 illit

illit

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

unleashx is the only dashboard i will use now after trying it especially now that they have they music player i jus use xbmc to watch movies now (now if they get unleashx to play most all video formats xmc would b obselete to me lol)

#5 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:09 PM

yes i use ux as my default dash but im afraid comparing ux to xbmc is completely out of each others league. if you understood the commitment and development of how advanced xbmc has become you would appreciate how it is clearly the most active developed program for xbox. just look at the amount of changes to the source each week. Although i love ux, xbmc is far more advanced as far as development has been

#6 sttn_lw

sttn_lw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

well when I try to install xbmc i would fla$h it like evo x but it says the file is too large?? could anybody here help me out with installing xbmc as my da$h instead of evo x?? please it is greatly appreciated for all your time thanks.

#7 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:22 PM

I use unleash x as well, and xbmc as an app. I dont really see xbmc as a dashboard myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users