• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

Vice City XXL released, converted !

DOWNLOAD NOW !!! - GTAGarage.com Download Link

Main features:

- Bodyguard Groups (You will have 3 men of a gang and suprises)
- Back to the Future - Time Travelling (very different than the other bttf mods,will have missions)
- Food need but different usage
- MPH meter
- Fuel need
- No first start demo (Tommy and ken escapes, etc...) You start game from airport
- No roadblocks
- Armored car buying (Sunshine autos) (like in Myriad Islands)
- You can have a drink for $500
- Tommy has 200 health and armour, if you complete vigilante, you will have +50 armour and if you complete the pizzaboy mission, you will have +50 health.
And a few i have forgotten...

Developing status:

- Assets 3/3 (I took assets from 6 to 3) (Airport, Army and Hyman Stadium)
- "Main" coding %? (No need to make more in-game features, seems fine for now.)
- Missions --> Assets 0/3 --> Extra 1/1 --> BTTF 0/3
- BTTF (nearly finished, need a little work on graphical effects + sound effects)
-Bodyguards are removed because of thread limits, used bodyguard groups instead.

Researchs/Additional info:

-Anti-gravity for Delorean has been added.
-Because of many limits, i'm optimizing codes and i've removed a few of them.Removed features are:
1-Timmy's bodyguard mod
2-Modstar's bus mod (causes game crashes)
3-Asset numbers decreased to 3 to make mod more stable.
-Anti-gravity fixes were done.It works nearly fine now.
-The new mission is done, now it's being tested.
-BTTF code was optimized, it works more fast and no more bugs.
-Save points for assets were added
-2 secret features (super-garage and bombing feature for skimmer)
-Bodyguard groups optimized.They won't cause crashes anymore.
-Car buy/Helicopter buy features optimized.
-Gang Wars mission, can be done everytime.Has 2 bonuses for in-game.

I converted it to vc xbox, just do what the read-me says and ftp it to your xbox and you should be sweet.

D/L here

Edited by Zdemon29958, 24 June 2005 - 02:29 PM.

#2 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:04 PM

my xbox doesnt have a spacebar.... want to update the readme for xbox?

#3 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:45 AM

Fine

#4 GameDTX

GameDTX

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(Zdemon29958 @ Jun 26 2005, 06:56 AM)
Fine

View Post

Fine

#5 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:54 AM

hm, weird. It doesn't work for me. I first installed the costum wheel mod, then used img-tool to modify the gta3.img file. Then used coledit, to modify the vehicles.col file. I also placed main.smc and american.gxt in the proper folders. However, the game locks up at the loading screen, when it's at aprx. 97%.

#6 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:24 AM

You need to delete or backup all your saves for it to work with main.scm mods and then start a new game. And don't use coledit, use coll editor by steve m (download it at steve-m.com). It should work then.

#7 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:45 AM

well, that's what i used (I thought it was called coledit). However, I got it to work. Just had to delete that _CAP.final file. It then worked. But when I played the first mission ("The Party") it just froze when I entered the circle on the harbour. I also noticed, that there's a lot of text missing. When I enter a taxi for example, I get the message that I can toggle the taxi missions on/off by pressing the NA button. The Menu looks all messed up, too. And when I toggled taxi/vigilante/medic/fireman missions on, I can only toggle them off by exiting the vehicle (right thumbstick wont toggle off). I hope these flaws will be fixed, apart from that, it's a fun mod to just run around (and using that DeLorean to travel trough time). However, would it be possible to patch the xbe so it will use a different folder to save to than the original xbe? So both games (original and mod) could coexist on my HD) Would brienj's patcher work?

#8 brienj

brienj

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(Horscht @ Jul 4 2005, 04:56 AM)
well, that's what i used (I thought it was called coledit). However, I got it to work. Just had to delete that _CAP.final file. It then worked. But when I played the first mission ("The Party") it just froze when I entered the circle on the harbour. I also noticed, that there's a lot of text missing. When I enter a taxi for example, I get the message that I can toggle the taxi missions on/off by pressing the NA button. The Menu looks all messed up, too. And when I toggled taxi/vigilante/medic/fireman missions on, I can only toggle them off by exiting the vehicle (right thumbstick wont toggle off). I hope these flaws will be fixed, apart from that, it's a fun mod to just run around (and using that DeLorean to travel trough time). However, would it be possible to patch the xbe so it will use a different folder to save to than the original xbe? So both games (original and mod) could coexist on my HD) Would brienj's patcher work?

View Post

Yes, my patcher would allow you to have two different versions of the game, complete with saving in different folders. In fact, you can even have more than two different versions if wanted, just give each version its own unique ID number. The program will tell you which folder the game will use for its saves. Also, remember that when you use the patcher, the game name has Non-XBL added to the front of it. You will just have to resign the saves with the Non-XBL AuthKey, or better yet, as I always recommend, just start a new save after patching. wink.gif

Edited by brienj, 04 July 2005 - 01:53 PM.

#9 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:14 PM

So it works for non-XBL games, too? sweet!

#10 666weasel

666weasel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:47 PM

Excellent mod, works perfectly, thanks for the effort!

#11 IAteYourMom

IAteYourMom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:24 PM

Still no updated readme, im gonna install this later but id like to know what to push.. cuz my xbox has no spacebar either lol....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users