36 replies to this topic

#31 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:05 AM

Haters? I saw the commercial. Firstly, I think it's an artists impression of what EA hopes to achieve, but secondly, it wasn't that great anyway. Terrible, terrible animation. Freaky human forms on the players and some crappy basketball physics and ideas, with the flat, bullet jumpshot and Ray Allen tip-jamming on Big Ben.

We all know the difference (like 3 years difference) visually between current gen Visual Concepts/Take Two NBA 2K games and EA's Live games, so you can imagine the deal with next-gen. EA are in trouble if that's all they can come up with and are very lucky they have the NFL license, because Madden may have been put to shame also.

#32 Mandalore

Mandalore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

NBA2k6 looks like crap IMO. Animations are what makes sports games a lot better and NB2k6 just doesn't have good enough animations. Now I've compared the high def 2k6 video off M$ site to the EA compilation which has NBA Live 2006 and Ea's game looks way more fluid and real and the characters look a lot nicer.

NBA2k6: http://www.MS.com/do...x 360 Video.wmv

EA Compilation (NBA near the end of video): http://www.MS.com/do...x 360 Video.wmv

For once I actually think EA has made a better game....but I'll have to wait and play both to really tell.

#33 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(reidtheweed01 @ Jun 29 2005, 04:45 AM)
and when you have a soccer player and a football player run at each other and tackle each other what would happen.

View Post

and when you have a rugby player and a football player run at each other and tackle each other without any pads what would happen?

#34 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(chilin_dude @ Jul 6 2005, 02:09 PM)
and when you have a rugby player and a football player run at each other and tackle each other without any pads what would happen?

View Post

Hahaha.

I always wondered what that would be like. Pads are for sissies. laugh.gif

#35 Andy51

Andy51

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Jul 5 2005, 11:28 PM)
Yea well i saw the the commercial in hi def and i say they are real dry.gif

haters........

View Post

Baby, did you see those red circles around the player on the floor? that shows that he has the ball? Didn't think so, and besides the camera wasn't behind the character?

#36 82ross

82ross

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(reidtheweed01 @ Jun 29 2005, 04:45 AM)
and when you have a soccer player and a football player run at each other and tackle each other what would happen.

View Post

The "soccer" player would probably slide tackle the "football" player and send him arse over tit.

#37 tom_g05

tom_g05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:17 AM

NBA 2k6 looks more amazing than NBA live 2006. IMO anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users