kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:18 PM

I have been having this problem with the error code 16. everytime i turn my xbox on it gives me this error. I've tried to reflash my bios multiple times. That didnt work. I've tried the slayers autoinstaller disc. I know it burned fine because one time i held the power button down for 5 seconds and the autoinstaller booted up. Then i fucked up by clicking the wrong thing and it turned my xbox off. I've tried the 5 second thing again and it doesnt work anymore. I've flashed my chip with bios that supposedly "bypassed error 16 and went to dvdrom drive". that's a load of crap. My xbox reads the disc and automatically goes to the error screen again. The installer disc doesnt load. SO im in a dilemma here and im not sure what to do now. I have a upgraded hd with an X.B.I.T. v1.5 chip installed. I dunno what to do. Anyone help me out here. I have AIM if that helps.

#2 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

I dont know much about error 16, but this info should help:

16 - dashboard - Clock cannot be set. Well i wrote earlier another tutorial about this specific error so here it is:
[Details]

Basically it comes down to this. error 16 has to do with not finding the menu setting with which you can set the clock of the hdd. This happens to a lot of people that:
1. Erase there hdd (original/upgraded) and after that they dont immediatly install the hdd but leave the xbox without power longer than 5 hours.

It's all about the hdd can;t find the menu with which it can set the clock. This is mostly because the xbox hdd is empty (you removed dashboard or fux0red with ftpp). The problem arises when xbox searches for menu to set clock with, can't find it and voila: error 16. Well read on please!

So you have an error 16 uh? Don't worry "nothing" is broken!

You have an xbox hdd that is locked. And normally you can boot in original and modded mode. Retail or Upgraded doesnt matter. You start playing around with msdashboard.xbe default.xbe that sort off stuff using ftp programs. While doing this you "accidently" remove your msdashboard and also the evo-x dashboard so there is no dash anymore on the xbox hdd. You end the ftp session and after that you shut off your xbox. Normally when you would start up again it gives you an error 13/14 ( no dashboard found). No worries with a slayer evo-x cd all is ok. BUT this is only WITHIN 3 hours or so.

This is becuz the internal clock of the xbox will only be kept alive by the condensators for only 3 hours or 4 . So when you leave your xbox unplugged form electricity for over 5 hours after you have played with the .xbe's AND you have removed your (ms and evox)dash from your xbox than you are fux0red. Why do you ask?
Why can't i boot from cd?

Its as follows
Xbox starts booting==> (almost 1st thing a xbox does is) searches for internal clock==> doesnt find internal clock becuz there hasnt been any electricity on the xbox for 5 hours so battery that kept clock alive is empty and clock is gone.==> searches for the proper dashboard menu to set clock with ==> doesnt find msdashboard or evo-x dashboard menu becuz you have removed it from the hdd for whatever reasons you had==>xbox gives error 16: cannot set clock.

So what do you do about it? Two options!

1. There are some bios'es around that allow the chip to boot past the clocksetting. (do a search!).So how do you get that bios on your chip becuz you cant boot to a flash program or something. Well you need to have an external flasher.

It seems the m8 bios will take care for you of booting past the clocksetting. Or Use the latest executor bios

2. This is the more easy and newbie friendly strategy
-Get a friend with a modded xbox.
-Unlock his hdd with eeprom management from a slayer evo-x cd.
-Than, place his hdd in your xbox.
-Boot with your chip on.
-Now the xbox DOES find a dashboard when you boot in original mode and you can set the time in the msdashboard clock settings.
-Shut off xbox and remove your friends hdd
-PLace his hdd back in his xbox and lock it again
-Install your hdd
-(clock has been set) So boot up with slayer cd.
-Install normally whatever you wanna install
-lock hdd

UPDATE2:
If you get an error 13 after this, please read up on the error 13 explanation!

[/Details]

It does sound like the disk is burnt ok, but your DVD drive isnt reading it every time - you were lucky to get it to boot once.

I dont think that the xbit is causing this problem, so if you get no replies here, PM me and I will move this to a different section where you are likely to get more replies (not many people check this section).

#3 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:56 AM

Alright dude this sounds really good. I think (if my friend will let me) I will try the hdd swap cause his box is modded too. But besides the point. Would it be possible to keep trying the cd-rw i burned and maybe it will read it again or is it not likely and i shouldnt waist my time? And thanks sooo much for this. I've applied at like 6 different xbox sites and nobody comments on them. So thanks abunch! love.gif

#4 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

Are you able to burn your installation disk to a DVD-r? CD-RW dont read so well in most xbox DVD drives.

#5 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

ya i can. I'd just have to wait about a week cause i dont have the dvd burner. My friend does.

#6 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:57 AM

UPDATED: I got ahold of the person who modded my xbox. he checked to see if the chip was moved. Well it turns out it wasnt moved at all. the chip was nice and snug in it's original placement. So we concluded to taking my original HD and putting it back into my box and set the clock. It went well and the clock was set. I put the older HDD back into my xbox. Then i booted and got a new error. ERROR 13. I believe this is a dashboard problem. I'm not sure what to do now. Any help?

#7 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:54 AM

13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

[Details]

This is an error thats most common when you have changed something on your xbox harddisk drive for whatever reason you had, but did not do it properly.

So what to solve it? Well, try to rebuild you xbox harddisk (retail or upgraded/large)
with a slayer 2.6 cd.

(BUT WATCH OUT READ MORE ABOUT THIS ERROR 13 BEFORE YOU DO THAT!) .

The thing you should understand is that error 13 is only because something is wrong with the files on your xbox harddisk.

UPDATE: Recently more and more xbox's that i started modding were giving me an error 13 when i booted in original mode. So what the hell was going on. Solder work was great, the slayer cd was also working great.

However i started doing some research and i finally figured it out. The error it gives is because of the incompatibility between the (older) dashboard (4920) that older slayer cd installs and the new dashboard/kernel versions found in some new xbox's and found in xbox's that have been connected to xbox live (when you go on xbox-live, it'll upgrade your dashboard file to i believe it is now 5659.03. This dasboard is incompatible with the dash that (old) slayer cd installs (for example 2.5 or lower) for you.

(In detail, in the eeprom chip there is a kernel which is incompatible with the dashboard (4920) that slayer installs.)

So what do you do to fix it? Well, it's easy. Someone may know how to do this more easy but this is how i did it. I got myself an xbox of a friend that has xbox live. His xbox is modified and runs a executor chip. I checked his dashboard version and i saw it was the latest 5659.03 dashboard. So i connected his xbox to my computer and i transferred his complete c:\ partition to my computer. Than i connected the xbox that gave me an error 13 when booting original, to my computer. AFter that i transferred "his" c:\ partition to my own c:\ partition, when it asked me to overwrite i chose all. After transfer was done, i rebooted the xbox. And voila no more error 13. The incompatibility was gone.

I think you have to transfer all the xboxdash files and also the xboxdashdata (or something like that) folder. In case you hate to experiment, just transfer the complete c:\ partition of a fairly new or upgraded xbox to your c:\ partition and overwrite all.

Ah well, hope it helps someone.

*UPDATE*
It seems there is an easier solution. You can use the dashupdate found on most new xbox games! Be sure to 1st unplug your ethernet cable before you do so!!!

Also see this post:
http://forums.xbox-s...0

*UPDATE2*
Besides that, just use a good installation disc and all is fine. Use a 2.6 slayer or something similar

[/details]

#8 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

Alright well i've been able to get everything up and running once again. It seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your help SilentScream! I greatly appreciate it! tongue.gif

Edited by kibito87, 16 July 2005 - 11:44 PM.

#9 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:21 PM

Glad I was able to help - thanks for taking the time to come back and say thanks.

#10 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:48 PM

nah dude the thanks should come all from me. I mean it takes a good amount of money and resources to do this kinda thing. And, i couldnt really do anything without your help. So, in the end i posted a few other places but nothing compared to your help. I appreciate it much. Keep up your good tutorials and help.

#11 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:49 PM

nah dude the thanks should come all from me. I mean it takes a good amount of money and resources to do this kinda thing. And, i couldnt really do anything without your help. So, in the end i posted a few other places but nothing compared to your help. I appreciate it much. Keep up your good tutorials and help.

#12 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:00 AM

well... im kinda annoyed that i hafta come back and start asking for help again but here i am. After that last confontation with my whorebox. It worked for a little while. Stopped yet again. Then after 3 weeks, in the past 4 days it worked. Then i took it to a friends house and it stopped yet again. This time it's error 13 yet again. But the snag is it will load the boot disc (as in it loads it and u see the MS at the bottom of the screen for about 2 seconds) then it automatically goes to error 13. Now if i cold boot my xbox with the disc tray button and put a boot disc in then it will go to error 14. Error 13 comes if i already have the disc in the tray when i cold boot or if i dont have anything in it. I've set the time and date and stuff with my older hd but nothing helps. My disc drive has been able to load both the boot disc's i have. One which is a custom made boot disc for evox i made from a friend and the other is slayers 2.6 on a cd-rw. (custom boot disc is a dvd-r). Neither of which will load at start. I'm confused on why my xbox would just stop working. I'm 100% sure nothing has happened to it this whole time. as in like bumping it dropping it banging it up. NOTHING. So i just dont know the problem. I do have a external flasher if that helps but i still just cant figure out this problem. 4 days ago all i did was press the cold boot power button and it started working again after 3 weeks of no go. Just outta nowhere press the button and bam it's working. Any input on this???

#13 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:03 PM

Which bios are you using? The fact that it says miscrosoft at the bottom sounds as though the xbox isnt loading the bios, so has probably just come out of place (easy fix for this is just to re-install the chip and screw it down tighter)

If this doesnt work, try posting this in the newbie forum, you are likely to get a larger response there.. this section isnt exactly the most active on the site

#14 kibito87

kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:18 AM

Would u mind moving this over to the noobies section so i might get a few replies plz wink.gif

#15 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:11 PM

Done smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users