#1 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:10 AM

The last port of GTA the controls seemed to feel much nicer. This one, well...I don't know if RockStar realizes we only have ten friggin fingers. How the hell is someone supposed to press black + white for rear view. That's nuts, and I love using the rear view.

I haven't seen anything on whether or not its possible to remap, so I figured screw it, let me tape a bridge over the black and white. It works pretty damn good. You can still use black or white independently, and by pressing in the middle of the bridge you'll press both black and white at the same time.

I used Johnson & johnson stimudent toothpicks I had lying around, taped two together with the fine edge faced together, and it gives a nice comfortable feel. Not the most attractive thing, but at least I got my rear view back better than before. If you want to try it be sure to use the 3M Mounting tape, since it has some height to it, which you'll need to properly depress the button at the same time with the toothpick bridge.

Here's a pic of how it looks, rather self explanatory. eeek, I know.

user posted image

Edited by xboxbox451, 25 June 2005 - 03:11 AM.

#2 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:38 AM

LOL! What a good idea!

#3 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:25 AM

jester.gif I'm thinkin of replacing the toothpicks with a thin strip of metal. But I might have to run to the hardware store for that.

#4 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:17 AM

Still, it is pretty easy to press them both at once, but it becomes annoying. I feel your pain, lol. tongue.gif

Edited by Zdemon29958, 25 June 2005 - 09:19 AM.

#5 A:I

A:I

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Jun 25 2005, 04:21 AM)
The last port of GTA the controls seemed to feel much nicer. This one, well...I don't know if RockStar realizes we only have ten friggin fingers. How the hell is someone supposed to press black + white for rear view. That's nuts, and I love using the rear view.

View Post

10 fingers!!!!

naaaaa! we only 8 fingers+2 thumbs!!! pop.gif

Edited by Xombe, 25 June 2005 - 06:30 PM.

#6 MrBones

MrBones

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:25 PM

I'm using the Logitech wireless controller, and since all the buttons are closer together, it's actually not to bad pressing black + white for rear view.

#7 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

I had a Logitech Controller once, lasted thre weeks then died sad.gif . It was nice while it lasted.

#8 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Building Computers<br />Playing Xbox<br />Moddifying my Xbox<br />Cars<br />Rock Music<br />PhotoShop
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:13 AM

I know, what a pain in the ass it is to just look behind you. Making that, I suppose that there is no possible what to change the controller configuration... It's a good idea, did you cut the metal from the pen clip with scissors, or is it more complex?

I have two Logitech Wireless Controllers, and one is bigger than the other. Nevertheless, I find them ten times better than those small "S-Controllers" that were made for Ex-PS2 fans. Being a major Dreamcast-er, I feel the need that bigger is better. I still have that Hand-enlargers somewhere.

.nF

#9 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Jun 26 2005, 03:29 AM)
I had a Logitech Controller once, lasted thre weeks then died  sad.gif . It was nice while it lasted.

View Post

lol, logitech controller's are pov.

The piece of metal is a good idea, nice and strong.

#10 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(n00bFRAGGER @ Jun 25 2005, 11:24 PM)
It's a good idea, did you cut the metal from the pen clip with scissors, or is it more complex?

View Post

I used a wire cutter, had to squeeze it pretty damn hard, but it clipped off. If anyone uses a wire cutter I recommend safety glasses cause that strip will go flying once you cut it!! Then I dremmeled the edges just to give it a round edge. If you have a metal file you can achieve the same thing. Take a look around your house, you may have a strip of metal that size somewhere that doesn't need to be cut. Again, use safety glasses for filing metal, metal fragments in the eye is a guaranteed trip to Emergency room!!

If you have a hole punch, take your hammer and tap some indents on the center so it'll give you something to feel and indicate the center of the strip. If the strip bends just flatten it with the hammer.

Edited by xboxbox451, 26 June 2005 - 09:05 AM.

#11 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:16 AM

lil overkill i can look back just fine but that still looks easier

-wolf

#12 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

Mmm, a little but too much trouble for one function. Also, looking behind you is possible if you move your right thumb higher while keeping the tip of it on the white button.

Drive-by's are much harder, though. A lot of practice help. biggrin.gif

#13 chimp_spanner

chimp_spanner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

I use the MadCatz Microcon X-Box controller (over USB, I'm a PC fella) and the black and white buttons are nicely raised on the right edge, so I can press them with pretty much the joint of my thumb, and still use the tip to press other buttons.

Still a neat modification though smile.gif

#14 xboxbox451

xboxbox451

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Jun 30 2005, 06:00 AM)
Mmm, a little but too much trouble for one function.

View Post

You cant be that lazy blink.gif ? From start to finish, this took me about 15 minutes. I spent more time trying to get qwix & Ava to work right. This couldnt be any easier of an adjustment and provide a more enhanced function.

Once the bridge is in place you dont even have to take your thumb off the A,B buttons, you just have to lean it back to activate black/white together.

But hey, to each his own.

#15 halofreak007

halofreak007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(chimp_spanner @ Jun 30 2005, 06:31 AM)
I use the MadCatz Microcon X-Box controller (over USB, I'm a PC fella) and the black and white buttons are nicely raised on the right edge, so I can press them with pretty much the joint of my thumb, and still use the tip to press other buttons.

Still a neat modification though smile.gif

View Post

i have one its better for that reason but i like the normal s controller better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users