8 replies to this topic

#1 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has done this before, because it's a little obscure and I discovered it on accident. Anyway, I've found a way to make some easy money on San Andreas. It's not the fastest way probably and it has no excitement so it's really something you'd do, leave for a couple hours, and then come back and Boom Pow Surprise, you're a few grand wealthier. On with the show...

First, you're going to need a car with hydraulics. Then take that car to the area where you do the hydraulic bouncing car mission(you know, the one where you bounce with the music), but don't talk to the guy that will open up that mission. Instead, go through that lot and to the back where the train tracks are. You'll notice the track will veer off into a dead end into the building. That's where you want to be. It's easier to get over the tracks if your car is raised up, but be sure only to drive perpendicular the tracks, otherwise you might flip over and then you'll have to go find another hydraulic hoopty.

Okay, now be sure to lower your car or you'll flip. Stick one side of your car on the tracks, while the other side is up on the concrete. Use the part of the track that veers into the building, otherwise a train might hit you. Now pop up the side of the car that is on the concrete. If you get the car to balance on the side that is on the tracks, you'll earn money for staying on two wheels. And because your car is stuck up on the side it will stay there until you move the wheels again. Of course it takes time to make any money to make it worth it, but that's why you would only do this if you're going to stop playing for a couple hours and then come back to drop back down on four wheels and collect some cash.

I discovered it on accident, so I hopped up on two wheels no problem, but then when I went back to do it again it took me several minutes to get balanced again, so here are some tips. If you bounce with the wheels that are on the track you can get closer to the side if you get to far away. Also, when bouncing with the wheels that are off the track to push you up in the air, hold the stick until the car has settled then release it slowly, sometimes letting go of the stick to fast will make the wheels momentum pull you back down. Plus, it seems if you are just the tiniest bit off parallel to the track it might help. So get one side down into the tracks then steer just the tiniest bit away. After that, just keep trying until you get it. Then leave, come back, touch the wheels down, and go save.

Warnings and Precautions: I did this and came back an hour or so later and got over two grand. Then I figured I'd rake it in, by setting it up, putting the box next to AC vent, going to sleep, and wake up rich. Of course, since I'm new to the game and it has never told me I was hungry I didn't think about that. So I set it up, and a couple hours later I was ready to sleep, I checked on it and I noticed my muscle was going down, then I thought eventually I would die from hunger and that I would stop it, but instead I closed my eyes thinking I'll drop it down in about 10 mins. Of course, anytime you close your eyes and have a plan of not falling asleep, you fall asleep. So I woke up an hour later and I found CJ standing outside the hospital. Damn! That would be a lot of money if you could just leave it on all day. So, I suggest you not do it too long. It can longer than two hours, but not three apparently. So I'm not sure how long you can do it. But I had full muscle and not much fat, so maybe if you're fully fat and full muscle you can go longer. Since it's easy to gain muscle, just work out, and before it says you've worked out enough for the day, go out the door and come right back in, and repeat until full.

I guess you could stay alive using a cheat code, but if you're gonna use a cheat code, might as well get money too.

Damn that's a long post.

#2 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(adfinder23 @ Jun 26 2005, 04:26 AM)
Damn that's a long post.

View Post

785 words to be exact! tongue.gif

That is a good find. Just leave it on overnight with the fan set on high, and bam! Easy money! smile.gif

#3 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:44 PM

Or you can just play the game and just collect your assests. tongue.gif

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Jun 27 2005, 04:55 AM)
Or you can just play the game and just collect your assests.  tongue.gif

View Post

He's obviously talking about well before you can collect from the Johnson's house... Like when you first start and 1,000 bucks is big money.

#5 Ivy_Mike

Ivy_Mike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:07 AM

There can't be any faster way of making money than Gambling at one of the Inside Track betting places...
I was very skeptikal of what people were saying about betting on the horse with 10/1 odds, but after a while (maybe 20mins TOTAL) i had gone from $90,000 to 8 Million dollars.
I kept reading people saying that thinking they wanted to have a joke on you losing your money... but it actually can work...

I bet a few $5000 races, and lost about 3 or 4 ties in a row, but as long as you have enough money to make large bets, then betting $50,000 on the 10/1 or 11/1 horses really really pay off...

If you have Catalinas' house save point, there is an Inside Track betting just down the (dirt) road, and shouldn't take you more than 20 seconds to drive there. If you win, go there and save, if you lose, reload from that location. After about 5-10 trys/loads, i managed to go from $90,000 to 8 million.

PLUS, after completeing Zeros' missions you collect a max of $5k from the Dollar sign outside his store.

#6 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:13 AM

Right. The best way has got to be betting on the long shot at the tracks, but like Xombe said, I'm talking about when you first start, such as myself. I still don't have the area with the track unlocked. My friend told me about it, but since I just got it all but 3 days ago, I've got nothing. Now, I've got $10,000 which considering the first day I played I only had a few hundred and couldn't buy anything, it's a lot. I hope the house by the tracks is only 10g's, because I'll save it then.

Oh, and Zdemon, don't try to leave it on overnight, because like I said, you'll die of hunger.

Ozy...play the game?! What you talkin bout Willis? Are you crazy? No, I'm just kidding. I started playing the missions the first day, but now it's kind of annoying. I want to kill hookers and see how much air I can get from taking a jump with a motorcycle, not steal guns from the army. I almost wish that all the missions were open from the get go, because I have a feeling that I might get sick of doing the missions and never play it again, other than to throw on some cheat codes and go on a rampage.

#7 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE(adfinder23 @ Jun 27 2005, 04:54 PM)
Oh, and Zdemon, don't try to leave it on overnight, because like I said, you'll die of hunger.

View Post

Oh, didn't think about that, lol. It would have been alot easier to do this on vice city.

You should probabally do it during the day and come back to it then...

#8 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

I thought you couldnt die of hunger, only lose all your muscle?

#9 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:17 PM

Well, I assumed I died of hunger. When I checked on it I noticed my muscle going down which reminded me of the hunger thing. But then I fell asleep, and when I woke up an hour later I was standing in front of the hospital. So I don't know for sure I guess. But if you say you can't die of hunger(can anyone else verify this?), maybe the car flipped over. If you do the trick, you'll notice that the car slowly vibrates away from the track wall, even though it stays balanced, but perhaps once it reaches the opposite wall it causes it to flip. I don't know. Either way, I made some money off of it, and reached the horse track, so now that's my way of making money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users