X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:08 AM

Hi

I have a Softmoded xbox (1.6). I used SID 1.1 to install it. It's UXE based (as far as I know) and I run my dash (UnleashX, evoxdash.xbe) from my C: drive.Furthermore, I don't use LIVE!. Would a shadow C: drive bring me any advantages (say, no threat from automatic dashupdates by newer Games), or do I need an Ndure softmod? If yes, how would I go on about enabling it? Krayzie's tutorial is confusing me a little bit. I would like to have my dashboard (UnleashX) located on my real C: drive and "run" the shadowc.img file from E: F: or G: (put shadowc.img into E: F: or G:). I would, however, still like to use those drives for my games, apps etc. So basicaly, what i need is, mounting my real C: drive as H: or whatever, and my E:/shadowc.img file as C:.

How should I do this? And how do I install nkpatcher (it's a BIOS loader, isn't it?) to replace my current loader (PBL, I think).

Or even better: is there an softmod-installer, that "installs" a virtual C: drive and EEPROM?

#2 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:25 AM

krayzie's installer will do this for you but your xbox has to have the stock C drive.

if you don't want to use the installer, you will need to compile a new nkpatcher10 with the correct option selected. Australian rat has a good program for helping with this and all files can be found on xbins. You will also need to sign your new nkpatcher.

p.s. nkpatcher is not a bios loader, it patches the bios already in the memory, it doesn't overwrite with a new bios like pbl does.

#3 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

Allright, it's still confusing me.

1. I have to somehow replace my PBL loader with nkpatcher, right? But how?

2. I want to have my actual C: drive shown as H:, and my E:\shadowc.img file as C:. How would the config need to look like? I can't find the program by Australian rat you mentioned.

#4 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

Nevermind about the program, I think i found it. This is the config I have now:

CODE

; NKP-CONFIG Generated v10 Compatible CONFIG.INC

%ifndef CONFIG_INC
%define CONFIG_INC

;;; Start Config

%define DASHBOARD_PATH '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe'

%define EJECT_FIX

%define GAME_REGION_AUTO

%ifdef GAME_REGION_AUTO

%define GAME_REGION_PRIMARY   4
%define GAME_REGION_SECONDARY 1
%define GAME_REGION_TERTIARY  2

%endif

%define IGR
%define IGR_TO_DASHBOARD

%define XBL_BLOCK

%define VIRTUAL_C_DRIVE 2
%define ACTUAL_C_DRIVE 2
%define VIRTUAL_C_PATH '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\shadowc\shadowc.img'

%define VIRTUAL_CDROM_DRIVE

%define LBA48
%define PARTITION_METHOD 2

%define VIRTUAL_EEPROM
%define VIRTUAL_EEPROM_PATH '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\shadowc\eeprom.bin'
%define NORMAL_BOOT_ALWAYS
%endif

is this right?

and how would I replace PBL with nkpatcher?

#5 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

First make sure your eeprom is backed up. if you have australian rats nkp-config program, then put the source and xbedump and nasm all in the same folder with it. run his program, select the options you want, click finish or whatever the option is to build it and it should create the config how you want it, and if you have everything else in place, it should compile and sign nkpatcher and give you a .xbe that is ready to go.

to put nkpatcher into your xbox, replace the pbl .xbe with nkpatcher making sure they are named the same and make sure all your other files are in place.

you might want to try this Link, to help you update your softmod.

#6 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

Well, I just uninstalled SID and installed krayzies instead. Might have a look at ndure, though. But I guess I could use the ndure autoinstaller.

thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users