Photo

:grr: Need Help - Not Sure What Mod Chip I Have..

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hardfukencore

Hardfukencore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 April 2003 - 07:29 AM

I got a mod chip installed from a guy a few weeks ago claiming he installs "State of the art Excuter 2 mod chip", perfect.. just what i was after.

After no eject hack trick... I thought something was wrong...

Running Bios Checker I came up with this message.
"Running Genuine D6 Bios
Mod Chip: LPC Based (SST - 49LF020)"

I have seen the "SST - 49LFO20" along side matrix mods... But mine doesn't look anything like matrix mods, I opened it up and checked it.

It is small box shaped, only around 2.5 centmetres by 1.5, and about that high. And is insulated with white tape around it.

Unfortuantely the only thing I can do is take this fag to court, which would be more hassel that its worth.... Or go round and smash some windows of his house... hmm... What to do?

Anyway.. Do any of you know which mod chip it is.. If I have no luck I might post some pics up, I need to know so I know if I can flash it. The fag hung up on me when I tried to get him to admit it wasn't a executer and just tell me what it really was...
grr.gif

#2 james_row

james_row

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 07:40 AM

It's a cheapMod containing Evox D6 BIOS.

Does the White Sticker say "V6"? If it does, its an Alladin.

#3 Hardfukencore

Hardfukencore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 08:43 AM

Umm... No writing on it, well atleast not on the top... I will open it up and have a look on the bottom...

I expected it to be a cheap mod though..... fucken faggot ass wanker, I could punch that coning old fuck!

A cheap mod like that would be worth about half as much as a Xecuter lite? Or less?

#4 Hardfukencore

Hardfukencore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 08:47 AM

If it was a aladdin or another mod that couldn't be flashed... If I was to try flash it.. Woudl it wreck it?

I am hoping it is flashable.. but if it isn't I don't want to fuck it up.

#5 nasis x.

nasis x.

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 10:07 AM

You better calm down fellow,
cause you are lucky enough that you got a cheapmod instead of X2 Lite!
Cheapmod works on 3.3V while X2 Lite needs 5V,
and high voltage chip are not recomended for safe console hacking.

If Bios checker told you that you have an SST49LF020,
then you have an upgredable modchip!

I guess that the guy has installed it like the diagrams at www.warmcat.com/milksop
that enables you to upgraded it with EvoX Software.

#6 james_row

james_row

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (nasis x. @ Apr 1 2003, 10:07 AM)
You better calm down fellow,
cause you are lucky enough that you got a cheapmod instead of X2 Lite!
Cheapmod works on 3.3V while X2 Lite needs 5V,
and high voltage chip are not recomended for safe console hacking.

Nasis Z, you're so fucking full of bull's shit. What can't you possible destroy with 5V that you can't with 3.3V, electronicwise? There's no such thing as safe console hacking if the box is on, you faggot. And only a retard like you would even try to do it that way.

I'm surprised you haven't added that pathetic line of yours "If you buy my 3Demension, All-in-one, do-it-all, $50 mod$hit, you would have been ripped more".

Geez, sorry, I may have gone a little overboard there but that little faggot just got in my nerve. All is cool now.....

Nasis Y, you're so f......

#7 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 11:27 AM

X2 uses BOTH 3v and 5v. They control a 3v CPLD and a 5v flash rom. The xbox uses a 5v flash rom - so please enlighten us how you could possibly kill anything when this is the specification of the xbox itself.

congrats to nasis x for once again making a bit of a fool of himself

To the guy with the cheapmod - I feel for you bro this happens a lot - however you can be safe in the knowledge that you can indeed flash your mod with whatever bios you wish to use

of course this wont be much good to you when we kick into the 512k area but thats all down to whether you want those features or not

all the same you should have gotten what you paid for. The best thing to do is name and shame the installer.

If there is anything I can do to help you please let me know.

#8 Hardfukencore

Hardfukencore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 11:48 AM

Unfortunately there isn't really much i can do I think...

I am not really to sure how I can let people know about this guys bad business... I am from New Zealand and Xbox modding is farly small here, I only know of 4 places that do it. One place that is way over price.. and then theres a couple dodgy places.. Didn't relise this one was dodgy till it was to late....

Oh well... could be worse.. I have read a lot about guys that have sent there xboxs away to get modded and not got them back for months or at all... I am angus over this.. I would have killed someone if I didn't get my xbox back.

Is there any precautions I need to take when flashing my bios? Or can I just enter the evo menu, choose... and then flash away?

How does a bad flash accour? Sorry... if there is any tutorials on bad flashes point me in the right direction please...

Thanks for the help guys

#9 funkybox

funkybox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 11:56 AM

I've just had exactly the same thing happen to me. (literally 5 minutes ago)
I sent my console away to have Xecuter2 installed.. it came back and showed Xecuter2 at startup so I didn't think too much about it. I emailed the supplier and was told it was an X2lite.
I've been thinking about flashing my bios with evox to 4976.02 but thought I'd hold out to buy a X2lite programmer cable just in-case anything went wrong.

I ran Bioschecker and was told I had genuine X2 4974 bios running on a LPC SST49LF020..

Hmmmm??

I decided to open the case to see what the deal was with jumpers for flashing the bios and to check I had an genuine Xecuter2
To my (non) suprise I was greeted by a brown cube of plastic instead of the Xecuter2 chip I was expecting to see. I removed the chip from the pin header.. turned it over and it appears to be a Cheapmod SST.

I've emailed the supplier to ask why and am awaiting a reply..
They didn't reply when I previously emailed them to ask for info on their X2 install and update procedures..
If I do not get a satistactory reply I'll name them.

Also whats the deal with flashing these chips with Evox and getting a bad flash? is it repairable?

FB

#10 tonybob

tonybob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 12:30 PM

if you get a bad flash with evox, it is reparable, if you have another cheapmod, so you can do a hotswap.

if you dont have another cheapmod however, you would have to buy a programmer.

just use the new evox bios, it works well.

#11 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:08 PM

or use the latest Xecuter 4976.02 - works even better

lol - j/k cheap dig smile.gif

#12 nasis x.

nasis x.

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 03:35 PM

How a bad flash can occure:

1. SST chip has diferent pins that enable the chip to be programmed.
If it is installed with wires make sure if the SST is properly connected
(The correct diagrams can be found here
If the SST is installed on a pcb, ensure that all the pins are properly connected to the pcb.

2. If you use a wrong bios

3. If the power go down in your xbox, while you are flashing the chip.

4. If the cd media that you use to flash the chip is destroyed.

5. If you use 5V chip with 20% percentage of failure.

Our results comes from 1500 and more upgrades on SST chips,
as we use Xbox for the production of X-elixis.
The results of 5V chips comes from many tests that we have done with X-elixis Programmer and from Flashing the onboard tsop for more than 10 shops in GR.

For this reason we are releasing X-elixis Programmer,
where you will be able to Plug&Program all Flashable LPC modchips,
with easy Plug&Hack actions.
You will also Plug&Test all LPC modchips, especially usefull for modchip distributors.
Finally you will be able to Plug&Upgrade with any 1 Mb chip that is available.
If our systems will be used on 5V modchips,
we are not responsible for any damage that may happen to your console...

#13 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 April 2003 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (nasis x. @ Apr 1 2003, 04:35 PM)

wrong!it doesn't make any difference which voltage the chip uses.if it is build properly and you do anything else right the flash can't be bad.i flashed nearly 120 x2l and none of them went bad

#14 james_row

james_row

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 04:15 PM

Might as well ask all the people here to put their hands up and give you their money, fag. Why, you have a hard time conning people into buying your X-eli$hit? Try flashing it in the toilet, might do you good.

#15 Ubergeek

Ubergeek

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (nasis x. @ Apr 1 2003, 04:35 PM)

you are a fucking retard

im sorry someone had to say it

please explain - in technical detail - how a bad flash can occur using 5v when the ORIGINAL XBOX FLASHROM is 5v !!!

I'd also like to know where you get this 20% figure from

The only reason this moron says this is because all of his sales are based on the 3v SST 40LF020.

Why he comes up with this complete and utter rubbish I do not know - you are a joke sir

I bet you look hilarious wearing clown shoes

Edited by Ubergeek, 01 April 2003 - 05:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users