• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tradewynd

Tradewynd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:26 AM

I had someone build me a custom X-Box with MOD chip, bigger hard drive, installed emulators, etc. so I never actually learned how any of this works, and my problem was not answered in the FAQ. I apologize up front if this is a really stupid question.

When my X-Box was shipped to me the menu after booting went had a lot of stuff on it, from Play X-Box Game, DVD Player, Emulators, Linux, X-Box Media Player and System Settings. When I turned the X-Box on a few days ago, everything below one of the emulators disappeared from the menu. The only things available to me now are playing a game from the DVD drive, the DVD player and a few emulators. The menu ends before system settings would appear. I had never had a problem with the X-Box before, the only setting I changed was the skin, and it had not been changed for over a month. I refuse to believe that Linux, Quake 2, some emulators, my system settings and games ripped to the hard drive all deleted themselves because I changed the skin a month ago. Any and all help is deeply appreciated.

Mod Edit: Not an Xbox360 issue. Moving to regular Newbie Chat...

Edited by Xombe, 26 June 2005 - 04:43 AM.

#2 Constantine

Constantine

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:29 AM

Have you tried switching back to the skin you had before?

#3 corridon

corridon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:38 AM

THis happened to me. THe evox.ini file has become corrupt. I made a topic about it and got my answer, although I never bothered to fix it.

Go here.

#4 Dark_Griffin

Dark_Griffin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:04 PM

Just about the same thing happened to me and a friend. We were lazy and since we had already backed up our HDDs we wiped em and rebuilt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users