Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:40 PM

Hi I got this xbox, no mod atemp, the xbox only crashed when he was playing. So when I boot, I see the flubber and the xbox screen. The m$ logo won't appear. It stays like that for about 29 secs and give me an error 16. To hot swap they say when the ms appear but hey, it wont
I think i need some advise

Ok these two things happen in xboxhdm:

- It will say hdd is locked and the options I want are disable

-It will say hdd in not locked, option available but it will say the drive is not recongnize as an xbox partition table or something like that.

The Dvd Ide is deconnected
The Drive IS is on the master cable.
I passed 3 hours trying no succes.. Here is what is do..

I open the pc, hit pause before they check for ide drive.
Boot xbox and switch the same time it Flick or when the led changes
Plug the drive to pc
Hit space bar tu unpause
Iread ALL the tuts ,I passed 3 hours trying no succes..
MAybe im an idiot I dont know but what i know if that im tired of this and I want to do it today.. Now I gotta go to the bathroom or else I would complain more HELP

#2 misterhoangdai

misterhoangdai

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:00 PM

is the xbox HDD the only HDD thats connected to your computer? maybe thats why you're getting the error saying that it doesn't recognize it as a xbox partition table

#3 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(misterhoangdai @ Jun 27 2005, 12:11 AM)
is the xbox HDD the only HDD thats connected to your computer? maybe thats why you're getting the error saying that it doesn't recognize it as a xbox partition table

View Post

Yes its the only hdd connected, tho I have two cd drive..
But does the CD drive realy has to be in primary slave, cuz its on secondary master now.. the HDD is really on the primary master

Edit: Do I have to disconnect the IDE drive from xbox before the clicks, during the clicks or exactly after the clicks? and to make sure, do I plug the drive in the main menu of xboxhdm or I hit pause before IDE check, swap it and make it detected?

Edited by Apprentice modder, 26 June 2005 - 11:09 PM.

#4 ubiman

ubiman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:15 PM

Put in the XboxHDM CD and let it boot to the main screen. Now boot your Xbox and when the LED start flashing let it flash maybe for 5sec and then disconnect the IDE cable from the Xbox and connect the PC IDE cable. Select number 1 and you know the rest. smile.gif

And yeah connect the AV cable so that you can see the LED colors. cool.gif

Edited by ubiman, 26 June 2005 - 11:17 PM.

#5 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE(ubiman @ Jun 27 2005, 12:26 AM)
Put in the XboxHDM CD and let it boot to the main screen. Now boot your Xbox and when the LED start flashing let it flash maybe for 5sec and then disconnect the IDE cable from the Xbox and connect the PC IDE cable. Select number 1 and you know the rest. smile.gif

View Post

Allright ill try that now, its tricky cause I only have 1 comp and OI have ti unistall and install all every time sad.gif

#6 ubiman

ubiman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(Apprentice modder @ Jun 26 2005, 07:28 PM)
Allright ill try that now, its tricky cause I only have 1 comp and OI have ti unistall and install all every time sad.gif

View Post

Yeah, I have the same problam, I only got one pc. blink.gif

#7 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh IT DID NOT WORK, I think the hdd is broken or something, anyway I broke my primary Ide cable and now im running on the cheap ata33 from the xbox muhaha.gif .
Now im pissed. can't I just kill grr.gif / desolder the eeprom and put a new hdd? laugh.gif

#8 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:27 AM

The Dvd Ide is deconnected

Your xbox ide drive? that must be connected or it won't boot.

listen to the hdd when you boot it. You should here a slight click when it first starts and another one before the error screen comes up. This is the hdd unlocking/locking. Perform the hotswap between these two clicks and just keep trying at different points of the xbox boot-up until you get it to work.

or else you can get a chip.

Edited by dumdasme, 27 June 2005 - 01:28 AM.

#9 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE(dumdasme @ Jun 27 2005, 02:38 AM)
Your xbox ide drive? that must be connected or it won't boot.

listen to the hdd when you boot it.  You should here a slight click when it first starts and another one before the error screen comes up.  This is the hdd unlocking/locking.  Perform the hotswap between these two clicks and just keep trying at different points of the xbox boot-up until you get it to work.

or else you can get a chip.

View Post

ok thank you

#10 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

I just want to be sure or something: (cause its still not working)

When I burned the .iso image on a cd, is it normal that I can Explore the cd and see all the folders? like C, E ,EEprom, XBOx... ?
maybe this could be why It cannot be recognized as an xbox partition..

Cause now, else it says the xboxhd(xhd) is locked and the options I want are disable or when I wait for the ledto flash, it says the xhd is not locked but and options arent disable but the dont work Ill post the images sorry if they're big, we see them better like this.. cause of light blabla. Ill post them on a site to not use the forum bandwith.

Drive detected ( yes it is the good drive)
Drive detected

Options available
options Available

When I choose Option 1
Option1

When I chosse option 2
Option2

help me please.. makes two days im in that uhh.gif

Edited by Apprentice modder, 27 June 2005 - 06:11 PM.

#11 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

make sure you read the hotswapping faqs in my sig.

#12 misterhoangdai

misterhoangdai

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

hit pause when you computer is scanning for the hardware. turn on your xbox with the DVD drive ide disconnected to get an error 16. now when you hear the hard drive click and see the led flash, take out the HDD ide on your xbox and take the PC IDE and plug it in. now hit the space bar for your computer to start scanning for hardware and i guarantee you the xboxHD will be unlocked. you're probably switching too soon since it doesn't matter when you switch as long as the led is flashing.

and apprentice modder, yes its normal for you to be able to browse the files and folders on the CD. are you including the xbox C drive files on your xboxhdm disc when you're making the ISO?

Edited by misterhoangdai, 27 June 2005 - 07:07 PM.

#13 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(misterhoangdai @ Jun 27 2005, 08:16 PM)
hit pause when you computer is scanning for the hardware. turn on your xbox with the DVD drive ide disconnected to get an error 16. now when you hear the hard drive click and see the led flash, take out the HDD ide on your xbox and take the PC IDE and plug it in. now hit the space bar for your computer to start scanning for hardware and i guarantee you the xboxHD will be unlocked. you're probably switching too soon since it doesn't matter when you switch as long as the led is flashing.

and apprentice modder, yes its normal for you to be able to browse the files and folders on the CD. are you including the xbox C drive files on your xboxhdm disc when you're making the ISO?

View Post

Yes, I've put my old sofmoded working hard drive C folder on the disc. I tried hot swapping 33 times all the techniques I found on internet even I had to buy a new Ide Cable.. I think I've already tried what you told me.. no succes. I sometimes get the drive unlocked but When Iwant to rebuild my C partition it shows up this:

rebuild c drive

I read every tuts, faqs and before I already told my friend how to hotswap and it worked.. any idea why my harddrive is not xbox partition? Maybe its the disc? I could make a new one with only the necessary files on it. Tho when I burn the disc for my friend it had softmodded files.

#14 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Jun 27 2005, 07:37 PM)
make sure you read the hotswapping faqs in my sig.

View Post

I've read them 3 times tongue.gif

Any idea why no xbox partition can be found?

#15 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:09 PM

usually because the drive is not found, or the drive is still locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users