• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mancer_247

mancer_247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:24 AM

I want the DNA to disapear as soon as you select a main menu item. Right now it stays on the screen untill the item you selected appears. Like when you select the Hard Drive tab the camera flies past the main menu orb but you can still see the DNA untill the HD menu pops up. I think this shoud be possible but I can't figure it out so hopefully somebody out there has what I need. Thanks

#2 midas

midas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:boom.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:44 AM

If you could post the code you added the dna with (I can't find that thread), I could make this a little more accurate. Go into default.xip/default.xap and find the function OnADown. It looks like this:

CODE
control DEF theMainMenuJoy Joystick
{
function OnADown()
       {
           PlaySoundA();
           if(nCurMainMenuItem == 0)
           {
               theMusicMenuIn.Play();
               GoToMusic();
           }
           else if(nCurMainMenuItem == 1)
           {
               theSettingsMenuIn.Play();
               GoToHardDrive();
           }
           else if(nCurMainMenuItem == 2)
           {
 theHardDrive.ExecuteFile("f:\\apps\\XBMC\\default.xbe" );
           }
           else if(nCurMainMenuItem == 3)
           {
               GoToSettings();
           }
       }

and add this above PlaySoundA();
CODE
bgmesh.visible=false

Now this code isn't exact, and will only work if the DNA has been DEFed under the name "bgmesh" but maybe this will help . . . .

#3 mancer_247

mancer_247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

Midas, heres the link to the DNA topic I used.

DNA, Squiggles, Chain, and Corkscrew Change in Config

It's a pain in the ass to find because you can't search for DNA and Squigles is spelled diffrently. Anyways all the items are DEF exactly as the DNA topic described so your code didn't do anything for me. I tried using the hide function in the spot you told me and the DNA would fade out, but it wouldn't come back when I returned to the Main Menu.

I can't figure out where I need to add this or something similar to make the DNA reappear when you return to the Main Menu.
CODE
     if( sDNAType == "dna" ) { ShowDNA(); }
else if( sDNAType == "squigles" ) { ShowSquigles(); }
else if( sDNAType == "chains" ) { ShowChains(); }
else if( sDNAType == "corkscrews" ) { ShowCorkscrews(); }
else if( sDNAType == "none" ) { HideSquigles(); HideChains(); HideDNA(); HideCorkscrews(); }
else { return; }

So if somebody knows a better way, or the location I need to add this show function to make the DNA reappear please reply. Thanks

#4 midas

midas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:boom.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

Calling this function in there somewhere i know would help. If i knew the xip structure a little better i could tell you where (sorry for the lack of knowledge).

CODE
function SDOnBootCheck()
{
var IniFile = new Settings;
IniFile.SetIniSection( "DNA On Boot" );
var a = IniFile.GetIniValue( "Enabled" );
IniFile.CloseIniFile();

if( a == "dna" ) { ShowDNA(); HideChains(); HideSquigles(); HideCorkscrews(); }
else if( a == "squigles" ) { ShowSquigles(); HideChains(); HideDNA(); HideCorkscrews(); }
else if( a == "chains" ) { ShowChains(); HideDNA(); HideSquigles(); HideCorkscrews(); }
else if( a == "corkscrews" ) { ShowCorkscrews(); HideDNA(); HideSquigles(); HideChains(); }
else if( a == "none" ) { HideSquigles(); HideChains(); HideDNA(); HideCorkscrews(); }
else { return; }
}

It would have to go in whatever function brings to main menu back on screen, i think. If you can find it just add
CODE
SDOnBootCheck();
in there somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users