#1 bgrill27

bgrill27

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:53 PM

I know, it might be common sense to some of you- but this will help out the new guys:

I do a lot of softmods and lots of people like to keep access to the MS Dash to change audio/video settings, rip music, etc. Unfortunately, UXE replaces the MS Dash; so, instead of messing around with hex editing to rename the font references, just install UIX as an app. Its a great program which has all the features of the MS Dash- and it's better in my opinion.

#2 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

may I suggest you Krayzie's installer 2.8? It works flawlessly, and I can still access the MS dash. It even has a shadow C file, so people can't screw with the sensitive bootfiles.

Edited by Horscht, 27 June 2005 - 07:03 PM.

#3 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

He's suggesting this as an alternative, not a definitive way to do it. I'm sure he realizes that UXE exists, and you're right, it's safer.

#4 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

I know that he was just suggesting this as an alternative. I was just pointing out, that it would be safer to use Krayzie's if your modding people's xboxes that have no clue about what they are doing. I have a few buddies whose xboxes I softmodded (At that point i used SID 2.0), and all came after about 10 days, claiming their xbox won't work properly anymore. It turned out that those, let's just call em Idiots, deleted sensitive files of their C: drive, allthough I told them not to touch the C drive at all. After that happened, I just went on and reinstalled SID (as i didn't know about that shadow C feature at that point). Now I know for sure: the next xbox I'll softmod will get krayzie's. It's much safer if you give it into the hands of others.

#5 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:32 PM

The shadowc drive is the reason krayzie's installer gives you access to the MSDash. Which can be done with UDE, UDE2, or Ndure as well. It does'nt need to be UXE You just need to run Nkpatcher instead of PBL and create a shadowc.img file. Then throw all the stock C partition files on the shadow drive. Then you'll have access to the msdash. You can do it to your buddies boxes as well. It's easy.

#6 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

I'll leave their xboxes with SID now. If they ever fuck it up again, Ill install krayzie's. ATM there is no need to do so.

#7 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

SID sux ass.

Nkpatcher is the only way. Less probs then hacked BIOS'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users