xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:54 AM

i am trying to install some programs, how do i get windows to find the exe files

#2 daveh

daveh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Jun 28 2005, 05:05 AM)
i am trying to install some programs, how do i get windows to find the exe files

View Post

you will need to install the programs while working with the 98 image. Use an iso program to create the iso of the install programs you want, then in reference your new iso in start.bat, then when you boot the win98 image you new iso should have been mounted

#3 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

didnt work

dont i need to edit the sh file instead

#4 x-fox

x-fox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Jun 30 2005, 06:43 PM)
didnt work

dont i need to edit the sh file instead

View Post

The 98.sh file is for booting the win98 image and you can mount the cd rom drive with, sound and net by adding commands in 98.sh but the windows image is read only and loaded to the xbox memory so any progs you install in 98 while running on the xbox will be lost when you reeboot. If you want to permanently install programs you need to do it while the image is writable on the pc then tranfer the image back to the xbox. At least this is my experience with it. I dont know why the 98 image is not writable on the xbox maybe someone can shed some light on it.

#5 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:04 PM

alright, i plan to install it on my pc then transfer
how do i get the application to be recognized by windows

i cant drag and drop or anything, i tried different ways to get it after checking throught the forums

i have an iso already made with alcohol, but i cant get windows to find the file

#6 x-fox

x-fox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM)
alright, i plan to install it on my pc then transfer
how do i get the application to be recognized by windows

i cant drag and drop or anything, i tried different ways to get it after checking throught the forums

i have an iso already made with alcohol, but i cant get windows to find the file

View Post

Ok make your iso with all the you want to install in win 98 name your iso anything you want. lets say for example we call it myprogs.iso Just put -cdrom myprogs.iso in start.bat. then when you boot win98 in qemu on your pc the myprogs.iso will be mounted as a cdrom drive and you would be able to see all your stuff on it within windows file manager. If you cant drag and drop anything there is something wrong with your install and you need to follow the tutorial more closely

#7 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:53 AM

couldnt get it to work that way. i just injected the gps folder into the win98 img.

i installed active sync and alturion, when i load it it brings the splash screen then loads and closes the program immediately.

i restarted and tried it several other times. any ideas. i cant seem to figure it out, i also tried a fresh bakup img that i had made and reinstalled alturion gps. still it didnt work at all.

#8 ChronicKind

ChronicKind

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(x-fox @ Jul 2 2005, 04:57 AM)
Ok make your iso with all the you want to install in win 98 name your iso anything you want. lets say for example we call it myprogs.iso Just put -cdrom myprogs.iso in start.bat. then when you boot win98 in qemu on your pc the myprogs.iso will be mounted as a cdrom drive and you would be able to see all your stuff on it within windows file manager. If you cant drag and drop anything there is something wrong with your install and you need to follow the tutorial more closely

View Post

Ok, so then you just put this img file on your xbox's E drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users