WARNING! DO NOT USE AS PRIMARY DASH WITHOUT A METHOD TO RECOVER (.. why would you want to, anyways?)!! This is completely beta software and should not be trusted. Software provided without warranty, etc. Use at your own risk.
HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Download http://th0mas.xbox-s...ses/od-beta.zip and unzip.
2. Edit od.cfg. The first three lines are the directories/drives you want to browse for games/apps. Make sure to use the same format as the example file (namely, remember to have trailing slashes, or the app will freeze.)
3. The fourth line in the config file is the full path to the linux minidistribution (comes with the opendash). IE, if you install opendash to f:/homebrew/opendash, then this line should read
4. Copy to your xbox and enjoy!
- (2!) cool groovy backgrounds
- browse three (3!) different directories for XBE's to run
- FTP support via mini-linux distribution (based on ltools)
- it's legal!
- DVD booting (although reset-on-eject is busted so, it's not that useful)
I'm posting this in development because I need a bit of help. Namely:
- someone to make a cooler milkshape 3d model (replace model.msd with something better)
- someone to replace bg.bmp. The red channel of the image is used in the "red-line" background. I just used a screenshot I had laying around, I'm sure a cooler effect could be used with say, clouds or something.
- help with turning off reset-on-eject. I'm executing the command:
HalWriteSMBusValue(0x20, 0x19, 0, 0x01);
But it doesn't do anything. Any help?
- you can't boot a relative path from the mounted d:/ at the moment.
I'm also posting this in development because it gives an example of doing a number of things a dash needs to do, with the OpenXDK. I'm using latest CVS from www.openxdk.org, so update accordingly before trying to build.
If people could try to run this and give me bug reports (in this thread, or a PM) that would be great. Feature requests can be made but are probably not going to be honoured. Please include as much information about the bugs as possible (xbox version, bios version, dash you're running from..)
BINARY DOWNLOAD: http://th0mas.xbox-s...ses/od-beta.zip
SOURCE DOWNLOAD: http://th0mas.xbox-s...od-beta-src.zip
Edited by d0wnlab, 18 July 2005 - 03:33 PM.