• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter 2.3<br />80 Gb HDD<br />XBMC Dash<br />JP1 remote<br />12V 80mm Fan<br />Internal auto-switching DVD
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

Before I start, this is less for the benefit of fellow modders, but more for those who are avid GTA players but hate the lousy control setup in San Andreas.

user posted image

These extra buttons drastically improve the ability to do drive-bys and fly in GTA:SA. The one next to the left trigger is the white button, and the one next to the right trigger is the black button. Yes, I know thet aren't exactly symmetrical, but they work for me and this wasn't intended to go in a museum.

I got the pinout from jeremydammit who did a hell of a job finding and labling the pinouts for each button on the s-controller. Check out his thread here:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=301912
REMEMBER THAT THE BLACK AND WHITE PINOUTS ON HIS DIAGRAM SHOULD BE REVERSED!!!

I first did this with some buttons from radio shack. It worked fine, but I didn't like the tactile feel of the RS buttons, so I ordered other buttons from mouser.com and they feel much better, as well as contribute to a more finished look for this mod.

While some may view this as cheating, (like the controversial Halo crouch switch) you may want to remember that the PS2 controller has two pairs of shoulder buttons which allow for excellent control in GTA:SA, but the layout of the S-controller doesn't translate well in that respect. In reality, this layout reflects the intended feel for the control set, and is a little closer to the 360 layout.

Hope this helps GTA fans enjoy the game a little more!

#2 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

very nice!!! good job, i always wanted to try this mod on mine, so i think i will now!! just cause i just picked up a new copy of SA

#3 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:20 PM

That's pretty tight! I think the hardest thing for me on that game is the little helicopter mission mad.gif . That and the unchangable inverted aim, being an advid FPS gamer, and not using inverted aim fucks me up when switching from GTA,to a FPS and back....I might get around to trying this mod out pretty soon, I had thought of it before,props for being first smile.gif . One thing, i cant click to enlarge that pic, so i cant get a good look at where ya put those buttons.
Cheers.

sS

Edited by SpookieStylez, 29 June 2005 - 11:21 PM.

#4 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Xecuter 2.3<br />80 Gb HDD<br />XBMC Dash<br />JP1 remote<br />12V 80mm Fan<br />Internal auto-switching DVD

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:23 PM

Really? It shows up full screen on my comp...

#5 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:41 PM

It shows under the pic *800x603 70,1kb* but i cant click it for some reason, and its pretty small. Maybe its just me blink.gif , but instead of trying to edit it all up, you can just edit the first post an toss in a link or something.

I made a similar controller for PGR2 w/ shoulder buttons abouve the triggers, right above the seam of the controller halves on the top. (i drive all racing games in custom manual config) and my thumb was getting tired of jamming on the A button biggrin.gif .....

sS

Edited by SpookieStylez, 29 June 2005 - 11:41 PM.

#6 Hozy

Hozy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modifications, Music, Car's, Movies, Hockey, Friends, Crazy Stuff :)
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:44 PM

Nice man,
I got a control for halo2, making one for my driving games for custom config, & i might have to try this aswell, i got a few controls its alright smile.gif

SpookieStylez, Im up for another game of PGR2 on xbl whenever you are smile.gif

Time for me to take back the title, lol

Regards
HoZy

#7 burke1503

burke1503

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:yes
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(SpookieStylez @ Jun 29 2005, 06:31 PM)
That's pretty tight! I think the hardest thing for me on that game is the little helicopter mission mad.gif . That and the unchangable inverted aim, being an advid FPS gamer, and not using inverted aim fucks me up when switching from GTA,to a FPS and back....I might get around to trying this mod out pretty soon, I had thought of it before,props for being first smile.gif . One thing, i cant click to enlarge that pic, so i cant get a good look at where ya put those buttons.
Cheers.
sS

View Post

yeah i hate inverted aim! grr.gif idk if this is possible but coudl you make a controller for games like that? like if its inverted some how solder or somethign so when you press up it goes up and when you press down it goes down? idk, im prolly just talking out my ass haha jester.gif

#8 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(Hozy @ Jun 29 2005, 06:55 PM)
SpookieStylez, Im up for another game of PGR2 on xbl whenever you are smile.gif

Time for me to take back the title, lol

Regards
HoZy

View Post

ANYTIME!! I'll crush you ..I think lol

Are you seeing this pic crazy small too w/o being able to click to enlarge, or is this just me? blink.gif

sS

Edited by SpookieStylez, 29 June 2005 - 11:48 PM.

#9 Hozy

Hozy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modifications, Music, Car's, Movies, Hockey, Friends, Crazy Stuff :)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:57 PM

hehe sure sure bro,

Yeh that pics crazy small but sounds alright i guess, my gta:san andreas control is my logitech hardwired LE silver smile.gif to match my crystal box.

Regards
HoZy

#10 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:05 AM

fucking paintedover.com...

#11 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(burke1503 @ Jun 29 2005, 06:56 PM)
yeah i hate inverted aim!  grr.gif  idk if this is possible but coudl you make a controller for games like that? like if its inverted some how solder or somethign so when you press up it goes up and when you press down it goes down? idk, im prolly just talking out my ass haha  jester.gif

View Post

Im more than sure you could make a controller for it, but im not sure if the controller would still have the pressure sensitive feature of the up and down...but you could just switch all your games controls to invert, and use the same controller, and not have to change controllers when you switch back and forth from games like GTA, to a FPS....i might try this one out later on too just to see, i have a few extra controller laying around

sS

#12 Hozy

Hozy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:06 AM

need a host for the pics with tons of b/w??

Regards
HoZy

#13 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:19 AM

Okay we'll try imageshack. Apparently paintedover has forced thumbnails in the last two weeks.

user posted image

#14 Hozy

Hozy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

not bad just same as h2 buttons smile.gif
lol
just wired differently,

regards
HoZy

p.s-should wire it to both type of buttons, have a switch h2 or gta:sa

#15 ahoatam

ahoatam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:24 AM

Uh... but I don't play Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users