• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 King_bob

King_bob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:01 AM

I'm a fan of F1 and have noticed there aint many F1 games for the Xbox, F1 2002 seems to be about the newest, does any one know why? And if anyone has F1 2002, would they recommend it?

#2 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(King_bob @ Jun 30 2005, 03:12 AM)
I'm a fan of F1 and have noticed there aint many F1 games for the Xbox, F1 2002 seems to be about the newest, does any one know why? And if anyone has F1 2002, would they recommend it?

View Post

The reason why F1 racing is not as recognized nor acknowledged in the xbox is because of the lack of a solid following or a good audience. Most xbox gamers prefer the likes of NFSU or Forza because of the versatility of these games and the ability that it gives its gamers to create that "Perfect Car" from the ground up. F1 racing games do not give you that same freedom because you are limited to the different options available to you.

As far as F1 2K2 goes...

I wouldn't recommend this title just because of the fact that I don't think (I may be wrong) that you will be playing this game for a long time. You will find that the tracks, the scheme, and overall presentation is bland and does not feel very rewarding. Now if you feel that this title is worth your $17.99, then by all means go get it. Before you do, check out both Gamespot and IGN for their reviews of the game. Go and try Forza because it has a psuedo-F1 racing section for fans of this genre anyway wink.gif

#3 dropek

dropek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(darth_turtur @ Jul 1 2005, 11:52 PM)
The reason why F1 racing is not as recognized nor acknowledged in the xbox is because of the lack of a solid following or a good audience. 

no, its because sony have the rights for it

#4 yugluc

yugluc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:39 PM

I tried F1 2001 on the Xbox. I don't think they made a F1 2002 version for Xbox.
Anyway, I'm an F1 fan as well but you can tell this game was made 3 to 4 yrs ago.

I would suggest you take a pass on it. The graphics are very square and boring.

Play some Forza, NFSU or PGR2 instead.

#5 yello

yello

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:47 PM

I would love to see a new F1 for the xbox!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users