9 replies to this topic

#1 planescapeman

planescapeman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

im about to fix my xbox using xboxhdm and uxe. i made the iso. im ready to go....i think. question is this: what bios will my xbox have? im a little confused about this. is one tossed in automatically due to the uxe exploit i obtained from (the usual places)? cos i didnt see any bios file when i checked the folders what were later made into an iso. is it in this nkpatcher file (that i never ended up seeing as part of my uxe file)? could someone please clear this up for me? thanks alot.

#2 KL4D4pso

KL4D4pso

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:02 AM

When you softmod it then you should know, but I don't really think it matters anymore.

#3 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:17 AM

since you said the package you are using uses nkpatcher, then your xbox has the original bios, nkpatcher patches the original bios so it can run unsigned code.

if you are using PBL (unlikely), PBL would load another bios over the xbox bios stored in the memory.

#4 planescapeman

planescapeman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:41 AM

[quote=dumdasme,Jul 1 2005, 07:28 PM]
since you said the package you are using uses nkpatcher, then your xbox has the original bios, nkpatcher patches the original bios so it can run unsigned code.

actually i said that i never saw the nkpatcher. does nkpatcher come with uxe? if so, what file names would i look for to let me know i actually have nkpatcher? is it somehow hidden? or maybe i have to download and 'add' nkpatcher to my xboxhdm iso build somehow? thanks.

#5 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:54 AM

nkpatcher is probably named default.xbe and is most likely located on the root of the c or e drives. Like I said, i doubt you would have pbl, if you did you would have a bios.bin file somewhere. read the instructions and readme's that come with the package.

#6 planescapeman

planescapeman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:58 AM

thanks dumbasme! ill read up a bit.

#7 planescapeman

planescapeman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:05 AM

man, i should have read the uxe 'readme' file. it says :
.....................................................................................
FUNCTION:

1: INSTALLS UXE+ PBL-METOO + EVOX-M8 BIOS

2: INSTALLS UXE+ NKPATCHER WITH SHADOWC IN E:/shadowc/ FOLDER

3: INSTALL SHADOWC.IMG IN E:/shadowc/ FOLDER

4: INSTALLS CUSTOM DASH. BY DEFAULT THIS INSTALLER INSTALLS EVOX DASH. IF YOU WANTA DIFFERENT DASH THEN COPY THE DASHBOARD FILES IN "SMINSTALLER>CDASH" FOLDER. MAKE SURE THE MAIN EXECUTABLE IS NAMED DEFAULT.XBE.

5: INSTALLS CUSTOM FONT. BY DEFAULT IT INSTALLS "UPDATE-71" GENERIC FONT. THERE IS "UPDATE-61" GENERIC FONT IN "SMINSTALLER>CFONT" FOLDER. IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH "UPDATE-71" FONT THEN USE THIS OPTION. YOU CAN ALSO INCLUDE YOUR OWN FONTS HERE. TO INCLUDE YOUR CUSTOM FONTS MAKE SURE:
DELETE ANY EXISTING FONTS IN "SMINSTALLER>CFONT" FOLDER
YOUR FONT POINTS TO E:/bios/default.xbe
ITS BETTER TO COMPILE FONTS AFTER YOR MAKE ANY CHANGES
.............................................................................................................

now, if i wanna update bios to x2 via the slayer's 2.6 disc, is it self-explanatory? and is it worth it? any advantages over the m8 bios? and what is this shadow business? how does it work. is there a short tutorial on it that i should read? thanks again. and sorry for all the noob-like questions.

#8 dumdasme

dumdasme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:27 AM

as far as a short tut, try looking up in the facts. nkpatcher is better than pbl. if you still want to use pbl then yes you can replace the bios.bin by copying the x2 bios from slayers(you will have to do it manually) or by ftp making sure the new file is named bios.bin.

shadowc is one of the features of nkpatcher. The shadowc is a virtual c drive. Your real c drive is hidden so you don't do a dashupdate or accidently screw up the files. The C the xbox then sees is a virtual c which you usually put the stock files on. The shadowc also allows some games that use then xbox fonts to boot.

#9 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:06 AM

there is no virtual difference between PBL M8 bios and X2 bios.. PBL M8 has all xbox version support so it is used.. and yes.. all the bios and dash and everything is built into the package..

for a softmod , you cannt update bios with slayers or any other disk.. all bioses are BFM and custom made so you would get an error if you tried to update bios..and Nkpatcher has more options than any other bios out there..

Edited by kingroach, 02 July 2005 - 04:07 AM.

#10 planescapeman

planescapeman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:45 AM

thanks alot, fellas. its all pretty fascinating learning to mod. it amazes me that some people actually buld their own packages, exploits, etc. how the hell do some of u guys do it? frickin geniuses, if u ask me. anywho. i think ill read some more for the hell of it. be good all and peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users