• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vue

vue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

I softmodded my xbox, and had evoX on it. I was bored it of and noticed that I liked unleashx more, so I decided to switch dash's. I renamed a file that I though was the evoX dash, moved the unleash X files over, and rebooted and I got an error 13. I put a game in and it loaded fine, so i was ok with it for the time being. Well i have 2 xboxs, so i plugged in the other one (i wanted to play live), then when i was done, plugged the otehr one back in and now i get error 16. I know what the errors are, i know what needs to be changed to fixe everythign. What can I do short of a mod chip to fix error 16, then to get into the HD and change teh name of the Xboxdash back to its original. Or is there some way I can just stick a disk in and it re-MSs the box? Any help is appreciated. I really need to get this fixed. Thanks.

#2 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:18 AM

Did you have a backup of C and E plus did you backup your eeprom from the softmodded xbox? If you did then use xboxhdm to rebuild your hdd. Or if you can still boot the game, why don't you use one of those UXE installers to re-softmod the xbox.

Edited by shadow23, 02 July 2005 - 10:18 AM.

#3 vue

vue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

when i unplugged the box it cleared the clock and I can set the clock anymore because the MS Dash isn't there, so I can't load a game. Is there a softmod installer that will bypass the clock?

When i was softmodding the tutorial said not to worry about backing anything up, so I
didn't, guess i should think twice about it next time. I'm going to guess that there is no Xbox rebuilt CD that i can just pop in there and watch it fix everything right?

#4 IAmCanadian

IAmCanadian

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

UXE Complete bypasses this..

If you have your eeprom you should be able to get this fixed up...

The eeprom is like... the main part of the xbox... lol

a little 256kB file the xbox almost revolves around...

#5 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:32 AM

Sorry but there's no "repair cd" for the xbox. Looks like you need to TSOP or buy a chip to fix your xbox.

Edited by shadow23, 02 July 2005 - 10:32 AM.

#6 vue

vue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:22 AM

is it possible for me to load some sort of tool that unlocks the HD so i can just edit the one file, then relock it from a PC?

#7 Soullar

Soullar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

It's dead simple. Hotswap.

Zillion threads on this, and yes, it will work on an error 16. Tut in sig.

#8 Soullar

Soullar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:50 PM

And if you backed up your eeprom on your PC:

* unlock
* rebuild
* lock
* done