16 replies to this topic

#1 Xboxuser48

Xboxuser48

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:59 PM

Would it be Illegal for me to take an ordinary black case of mine paint it with my orange paint. Take some mountain dew emblems from a regular mountain dew xbox and put them on it?

And then sell it on ebay saying- Limited Edition Mountain Dew Live Wire Xbox? Also do you think it would be something that sells?

#2 dbdlowrider

dbdlowrider

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:03 PM

ummm i am not 100% sure cuz theres clear case that say le. If u are paintin it orange i would guess it llegal. Because it is a limited edition and one of a kind.

#3 blue bandicoot

blue bandicoot

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:08 PM

i am pretty sure that painting it would be legal...and using the emblems would be illegal. no doubt in that, they are trademarked symbols made and only used with consent of original manufacturer. after that breach of the law, selling it on ebay and bootlegging a fake "mt. dew" case is highly illegal. it is using a trademarked and copywrighted name, and saying it is something it isnt...which is against the laws of ebay.

#4 Masterkizz

Masterkizz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:10 PM

Using the Mountain Dew name without permission is illegal.

But what isnt nowdays - You could do it but you would have to market it as a custom built Xbox with mountain dew logo/jewel whatever...

Marketing it as a limited edition would be the wrong thing to do and may land you negative feedback.

Just advertise it as a custom built console.

#5 Xboxuser48

Xboxuser48

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

yea i mean i thought if i said limited edition it would fetch more money but I didn't know if it would be illegal since it's not a green mountain dew LE. I have the emblems from a mountain dew box that was broken by someone so i guess i'm gonna give it a try i'll post some pics of it when it's done.

Also do you know of a tutorial or anyone that would know if you could like link up 4 xboxes in like a big computer box? then you wouldn't need like ethernet cords and stuff and just have this big box to take to have friends of and play. Sorta like a 4 way xbox. Have any idea on how to like maybe only use 1 mobo and 1 psu and stuff or do you know anyone? Thank you.'

I just saw the other posts. Thanks I guess so hmmm well maybe i should I just make custom xbox cases. Like maybe make one in the shape of a care or sumthing. That would be tight.

Well how is it illegal if i put the emblems on it but i don't say mountain dew i just say custom made xbox with cool emblems on it? Would that be legal?

Edited by Xboxuser48, 02 July 2005 - 06:14 PM.

#6 Masterkizz

Masterkizz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:23 PM

Yeah of course you can modify the console ( No chips/illegal shite ) and sell it on ebay - as long as you do not advertise it as something it is not.

"Customized Xbox Console" - The internals of this xbox are stock ( No Modchip ) I have here for sale an xbox professionally modified by me - Blemish free orange paintjob - Cold cathode lighting - Customised Leds in eject assembly - Also has a Mountain Dew jewel sourced from an original Mountain Dew Limited edition Xbox!"

Buy it now for ten million dollars!

Something along those lines would be fine.

#7 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Xboxuser48 @ Jul 2 2005, 12:22 PM)
Also do you know of a tutorial or anyone that would know if you could like link up 4 xboxes in like a big computer box? then you wouldn't need like ethernet cords and stuff and just have this big box to take to have friends of and play. Sorta like a 4 way xbox. Have any idea on how to like maybe only use 1 mobo and 1 psu and stuff or do you know anyone? Thank you.'
I just saw the other posts. Thanks I guess so hmmm well maybe i should I just make custom xbox cases. Like maybe make one in the shape of a care or sumthing. That would be tight.

you would still have to run it to 4 different tv's and unless all 4 tv's are in the standard A/V cable length apart then there isn't much point, and if they are all that close....wow, thats not too much space.

however, it is "possible" of course, there would be lots of heat and you would need all kinds of cooling, but it wouldn't be hard to just put a hub inside the case and connect them all, a tutorial isn't really necessary, just take em apart and put em in a case you'd have to build on your own.

#8 Xboxuser48

Xboxuser48

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:01 AM

Thanks i'll look into that on ebay.

Maverick- Someone said they knew of a guy that was trying to do somethign like this but they could remember his name. Do you know of anyone? I think it was a quad or something like htat.

#9 SpikeMage

SpikeMage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:01 AM

illegal or not you would still be a dick.

#10 Brianc608

Brianc608

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:36 AM

Maverick- Someone said they knew of a guy that was trying to do somethign like this but they could remember his name. Do you know of anyone? I think it was a quad or something like htat.

I think Deckman773 or something like that was "looking into doing it", but he was an idiot. All that was determined in his thread was that the four xboxes could not share a single psu, hard drive, or mobo.

The xbox would have to be four seperate xboxes in one case. Not too hard to do, but it would be heavy, big, most likely fugly, expensive, and generate a lot of heat. The mod, although possible, would be impractical.

#11 Brianc608

Brianc608

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:39 AM

Oh, and yes, that is true...

#12 No_Remorse_666

No_Remorse_666

The Mad Head Modder

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(SpikeMage @ Jul 2 2005, 09:12 PM)

View Post

Sure would, people like you on ebay should be shot.

Edited by No_Remorse_666, 03 July 2005 - 04:24 AM.

#13 Xboxuser48

Xboxuser48

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

i don't see how i'm a dick for painting an xbox orange and selling it on ebay.

And i heard about that post from deckman. My bro who set me up on this account told me about it. I didn't think he was the one doing it though. I looked back at it. And i don't really blame the guy at all. I mean he was just looking for some help and some retard keep saying he's not doing it. Well who cares if you don't think he is then get off the post. I hope ppl are more mature on this site than i've seen so far.

#14 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:03 PM

By you saying it's a Limited Edition Live Wire Mountain Dew case you are inferring that MS licensed out the xbox to Pepsi again and created an orange case with the Mountain Dew symbols on it. That's just not cool, it's like I've seen people selling limited edition case boxes but really only saying LE Case on the topic, or the best yet, seeing a person selling a working xbox, but in their pictures there is no motherboard, dvd, hdd, or psu inside, it's completely empty.

You would be a scammer, be reported to ebay from that buyer and I would imagine they wouldn't like that too much beerchug.gif

#15 Xboxuser48

Xboxuser48

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:10 PM

No i already said i'm not doing that.

I said I'm just gonna paint it orange and say this.

"Customized Xbox Console" - The internals of this xbox are stock ( No Modchip ) I have here for sale an xbox professionally modified by me - Blemish free orange paintjob - Cold cathode lighting - Customised Leds in eject assembly - Also has a Mountain Dew jewel sourced from an original Mountain Dew Limited edition Xbox!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users