Anyone Play Toca Yet?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 April 2003 - 07:03 AM

Just wondered before i buy this if it is any good....they dont have it for rent yet so.....just wondered how good it is....

#2 JimmyNL

JimmyNL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 01:11 PM

Yes I did, but it's totally crap. I expected very much from this title, you could say I was waiting for this one the most. But the graphics aren't as good as they made believe us, but they aren't bad either. There is one thing that's screws up this title, the AI. It's really terrible. Cars are crashing in at the start and in 40% of the races you will loose your wings immidiatly, which are so important to have in this game. Also they crash in eachother, most races you start the wings are flying everywhere at the first corner. It's so bad, that you actually cannot finish a race undamaged if you want to stay in front. Besides, I completed the full story mode in 7 hours. The races are short, most of the times just 3 laps, the AI is as mentioned very poor and the story line is not as good as they've told us. Not that I'm very interested in a story line either. I won't buy this game if I where you, it's a good rental, but nothing more. The thing I can't get right now is why they screwed up the AI that big... If they did it right, it was surely the best racing experience for touring cars out there. A pro is that there are so much cars and so much circuits. And the circuits are very well done.

Think about it,

JimmyNL

Edited by JimmyNL, 02 April 2003 - 01:13 PM.

#3 Xustu

Xustu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 03:41 PM

i also didn't enjoy it much.

#4 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 April 2003 - 07:09 PM

Who is making these games lately? 40 year old men? I havent gotten a cool game lately except for soul calibur 2. Out of like twenty games....I hate Apex, UFC 2(huge dissapointment although graffix are sweet, but it takes more than that), Every rally game after Rallisport...list goes on. To have this system with all it can do and then have these shitty titles. Good thing I have the earlier games that still kick ass but dont it seem to you guys that lately they have just sucked ass?

#5 digitalman42

digitalman42

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 April 2003 - 08:21 PM

I totally agree man, I actually did like Apex, but other than that nothing cool has came out lately, not after Splinter Cell and Panzer Dragoon, everything else has sucked. No wonder PS2 is crushing Xbox in sales, MS will never have a number one system if this keeps up, it will be another Neo Geo if they dont start getting some good games to the Xbox. Seriously I know alot of you guys dont like Console style RPG's but regardless every system needs atleast one good one, ATLEAST one, Xbox has zero. Games like Final Fantasy and Xenosaga are system sellers for millions of people, must haves, the only *MUST HAVE* xbox has is Halo. One game is not enough, There are plenty of other cool games for Xbox, but they are so few and far and they are not system sellers. In the past six months the only really good games I liked alot were Panzer Dragoon and Splinter Cell, that is Pathetic. Most of the games that come out for Xbox are garbage, and it's a shame, it's such a cool system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users