New Pgr3 Info
Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:10 AM
- 6 weeks to create one car, 40.000 polys for the interior alone
- Car data acquired from real live vehicules as much as possible
- Ability to grab your own screenshots from whatever angle you want
- Race creator to edit your own track in the city you chose. Seems quite easy to use.
- 5 cities (New York, Tokyo, and 3 to be unveiled later)
- 3d spectators, all unique looking and reacting to the race
- sound was recorded from every "noisy" point in the car, exhaust, engine, induction system...
- Licensed soundtrack
- No tuning (YAY !)
- 12 players on Xbox Live
- Damage modeling, with some impact on performance
- Force Feedback wheel is planned for near launch time
some of the important bits. cant wait till i get my hands on this one, the more i read the farther the launch seems to be
Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:17 AM
Edited by Twasi, 03 July 2005 - 04:18 AM.
Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:07 PM
Why has this taken so long? MS always made the best force feedback controllers, why didnt they do this for the original Xbox? The bastards...
Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:19 PM
I play PGR3 as a break from V8 SUpercars 2 (TOCA Race Driver) because I see it to be the best game out there which requires less skill.
Also, if you're like me, when my Mum has friends overa lot of them have little kids and the best way to entertain them is to chuck them infront of the XBOX. They always want to play car racing games so I put on PGR2 because they can just drive around, smash into walls or whatever without me having to keep a watch on them. But with damage it means I have to stay around and make sure none of them render there cars to be "immovable".
Hmmmm, I guess it really depends how far Bizare takes the damage and the effecting of performance. Hopefully not too much.
But that's my opinion anyway.
Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:11 PM
Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:11 PM
Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:43 AM
and i think 12 people is a great number. if it was a nascar game then i say double that number atleast (listening EA?!?!) but in a game full of somewhat narrow streets i think 12 is just fine.
if their using 40,000 polys just for the interior alone i cant imagine how many they are using for the rest of the car. its sick to think that it only gets better from here, im sure the no-nothing consumer doesnt realise this is first gen and doesnt really exploit the hardware at all
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users