• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving a computer.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:28 AM

Heres the problem. I tried to softmod my friends xbox. Now all the MS Dash files are gone and the xbox wont boot, it just goes to an error screen. I can get it to boot games but the MA english loader doesnt work right, it keeps booting the dvd when it loads up. I had it working once but I renamed the dash file so I could upgrade evox to a higher version, and the xbox got shut off and since that files was renamed it wont start up anymore. I have a modded xbox, I was wondering if there was a way to use my modded xbox to fix the unmodded one. I went through a lot of guides and havn't had any luck. Any help is appreciated.

#2 ModingTheBox

ModingTheBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:40 AM

Ehh maybe u can ftp to modded xbox get files and ftp the files to unmodded xbox to fix the dash

#3 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:49 AM

does htoswap work without the ms dash?

#4 MuMu91

MuMu91

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:59 AM

Yeah I think. Read the guides that are here.

#5 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:25 AM

hmmm....a few things....

try putting in a backed up game. if it runs, then you're simply missing your dashboard and your exploit is still working. in this case, burn a disc with a dashboard on it (you need to make sure all of the support files are there, and that the xbe is named 'default.xbe' and it is made into a proper xbox iso. slayers would accomplish the same thing).

after loading that, you'll have ftp access and can fix the problem easily.

if you didn't read up on exploits and did the classic noob "replace C:\xboxdash.xbe with something else because it looks like it's probably my dash, even though in reality it's actually the exploit's bootstrap, and the xbox won't boot if it's every modified in any way whatsoever", then you will need to hotswap. you can hotswap the drive without any files on the HD, so don't worry about the msdash or anything.

read up on xboxhdm and hotswapping. there are tuts in my sig.

#6 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:52 PM

lol I did try the replacing xboxdash.xbe that didnt work so I changed it back. What happened was, I used UXE MA Installer to install my exploit, turns out it was dutch. So I got another save installed it, it said it failed but when I rebooted xbox I had english evo x, I didnt like the version of evox that was on there so I tried to upgrade, I renamed the xbe that runs the dash and something happen and my xbox got shut off, then it wouldnt boot again. When I tried to use the english ma uxe installer again it would check the dvd drive right when its loaded and reboot the game everytime.

#7 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:07 PM

Wow, the slayers disc booted up lol. I guess I did do it right. It's installed with slayers 2.6. I hope it works out good. Thx.

#8 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:31 PM

It's all modded and good to go. Thx for the help. Jus a question, why does the menu seem so much more basic then mine on my modded xbox when I used the same slayers disc.

#9 jiveabillion

jiveabillion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(DeFessler @ Jul 3 2005, 04:42 PM)
It's all modded and good to go. Thx for the help. Jus a question, why does the menu seem so much more basic then mine on my modded xbox when I used the same slayers disc.

View Post

Download XBOX AUTOINSTALLER DELUXE. it will run like a game and let you reinstall the hacked dashboards and apps. its pretty cool. You can find it on isohunt.com for the torrent file

Edited by jiveabillion, 03 July 2005 - 08:56 PM.

#10 DeFessler

DeFessler

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

What exactly does the auto installer do. I have evox on the softmodded box now. It works pretty good. What advantage would the installer u suggested give me.

#11 jiveabillion

jiveabillion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(DeFessler @ Jul 3 2005, 05:22 PM)
What exactly does the auto installer do. I have evox on the softmodded box now. It works pretty good. What advantage would the installer u suggested give me.

View Post

The installer will let you put dashboards and media players and emulators and other stuff on your xbox without FTPing it. Its good for setting up a mod a friends place who doesnt have a computer or network. its a great tool to have if you plan on modding your friends' xbox

Edited by jiveabillion, 03 July 2005 - 09:16 PM.

#12 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:04 PM

the evox.ini file needs to be edited to include what you have in the HDD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users