• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TrojanHockey80

TrojanHockey80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:53 AM

Ok...im prolly the noobiest person to ever come here but i am in more confusion that i ever have been... i am interested in modding my xbox...obviously...but i dont get a word anyone is saying here...i understnad that u have to have a modchip...and get the dashboard...then prolly replace the HDD right?? well..ive done tons and tons of research and im still confused...i dont get any of it... im kinda looking for someone who can walk me through all of this on AIM or something?? If ud like to help please lemme know...

anyway...as i was saying... i dont get what flashing is... i dont get how to replace the dash...whut order things have to be done in... how u network...and how there are so many different ways of doing everything...which chips can be used on xbox live and which ones cant...solderless and soldering?...and pre-flashed? i kinda got alot of info. dumped on me at once...so im having trouble understanding... if anyone can help me i would be very very greatful.

my AIM is TrojanHockey80 so IM me if ur willing.

#2 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

flashing means putting a bios into the chip so you'll be able to do all the things mentioned here on the scene.
unless you get a pre-flashed chip, it will just give you a flashbios or linux. it really doesn't do anything except let you flash it with a different bios or un/lock the HD.

so after you install, youre gonna need to flash the chip. so get a compatible bios.

to put a new dash, just transfer the files into the c: drive. leave the files on your c: alone. just back them up.
no need to rename xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe

you should also get slayers

#3 TrojanHockey80

TrojanHockey80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:30 PM

so the BIOS and chip are two different things???

#4 Area_Codes

Area_Codes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:48 PM

hey i used to be just as confused so let me help(lol ignore my spelling mistakes)

yes the bois and the modchip are 2 separate things. you proberly decided to do modchip instead of a softmod or tosp right.....the last 2 are free but are more technical(tosp...losts of soldering and dont work on new xbox's) and complicated(softmod....plus not as reliable as modchip)....plus modchip is proberly ure best bet for xbox live

ok let me break it down

1) get a xbox

2) get a chip (any "gen4" will go........go here http://forums.xbox-s...owtopic=399085)

3)install the chip, solderless and solder solutions have there pros and cos.....get solder if u know how (follow manufactures guides) there cheeper and more reliabe

4)flash the chip with a bois using the chips OS (os runs the chip)....thw bois is basically just like the orginal with all the neet stuff (hacks) turned on...i cant give u a link because its illigal... the only legal 1's are for LINUX (like a dashbored but is a full OS (an OS is like windows for ure PC)). The legal bois's WONT let u do all the cool stuff liek backup ure games.

the folloing step can be done using slayers auto installer (its illegal use xbins....same for the bois) i think slayers also has bios's with it.....u need to burn slayers on a disk

5) put a dashbored on your hard drive (a new 1 is better!....slayers can easily set that up for u....follow the turtorials on this website)......the dashbored is like a OS (os is like windows on ure pc) it lets u do cool stuff like back up games.....watch dvds........play old school games and loads more.......i recomend XBMC as your dash

6) thats it really have fun........ laugh.gif tell me is u have any trouble and take ure time K!!

edit) 2 play on xbox live with a mod chip u need 2 do the following

played on xbox live before mod) oohhh ure out of luck u need a new unbanded eprom(?- mods can fill this bit in) change ure eprom and get a new hard drive........DONT just get a new hard drive they BOTH have 2 be new... when ure abt to go n xbox live u need to turn of the chip (and boot into the orginal ms dash) and play with the ORIGINAL game only....this should work

first time playing xbox live AFTER mod) no problem just turn of chip, boot into ms dash and ure ready (with an ORIGINAL game only!!!)

lol if u cant be bother with all the life stuff then there are other options....like a tunneling program. basically u need at least 1 pc on aswell as ure xbox...get some thing called xlink or xbc. they trick ure xobox thinking its playing a link game with other link xobox's half way across the world!!!....like i said u need a pc on. xlink is better becuase it has support in XBMC and less lag biggrin.gif

lol ignoe any stupid mistakes (spelling) and for the ppl who have more experiance dont flame me if messed anything up thanks......lol edit cant help me

Edited by Area_Codes, 03 July 2005 - 06:03 PM.

#5 TrojanHockey80

TrojanHockey80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:06 PM

ok ok .... tah twas still kinda alot to take in... do u have AIM? because so far i have understand u the most... lol

#6 Area_Codes

Area_Codes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:16 PM

lol ran out of edit

the tunneling programs dont need original games so they can be backups. but usually that means there are more cheater on them. the hard disk doesnt need to be locked and the chip HAS to be turned on

xbox live requires the original game on dvd and a LOCKED hard disk. dont worry most hard disks lock but theres no harm in checking agianst the list. u always always turn off ure chip before going in

An eprom is basically a chip that holds setting for ure xbox
you should always backup ure own soon as u mod any xbox...along with the hard drive

The eprom is unique to every xbox. It gets "married" to the harddrive serial number when u go on xbox live. If the hard drive or eprom changes (not both at the same time) then u will get baned, regradless of if the modchip was on or off (ps always turn it off for xbox live)

if u do get baned or have been on live before u modded ure xobx u need to get a new harddrive(which u proberly were going to already) and a new eprom. Im not sure how 2 replace a eprom and i think it requires soldering... ask around or better yet search for the tourtorial(sp)

hope that helps
reply back for anymore help

Edited by Area_Codes, 03 July 2005 - 06:19 PM.

#7 Area_Codes

Area_Codes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(TrojanHockey80 @ Jul 3 2005, 07:17 PM)
ok ok .... tah twas still kinda alot to take in... do u have AIM? because so far i have understand u the most... lol

View Post

i sent u a private message with my email adress in it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users