#1 boundless

boundless

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:46 AM

This wouldn't fit in the subject line.

Am I the only one that is playing GTA S.A. without using any cheats???

I know cheats are fun and everything but damn... I feel like I am missing out or something....

uhh.gif

#2 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:04 PM

nope, I'm not using cheats either. I'll use them in a second game, but not this one.

#3 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:41 PM

won't use them till I complete a game... it's more like a bonus afterwards than enhancements during...

#4 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

I'm playing without cheats, but every now and then I'll take a break from playing for real, throw on some cheats and go on a rampage. But I don't save it afterwards, so it's not like the cheats are helping my progress.

#5 Ivy_Mike

Ivy_Mike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:27 PM

I'm not using cheats.. I can't think of any reason why you would HAVE to cheat. Nothing in the game is hard enough to demand their use. If you can't complete the game without cheating, then your not old/intelligent enough to be playing the game! Simple...

of course theres nothing wrong with cheating for Rampage fun like Adfinder23 says...

#6 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:38 AM

I also agree on the whole having fun idea with cheats, I planned not use cheats because I am eventually aiming to complete this 100%.

I recently did some cheats but did not save the game, can someone confirm that this will not stop me from completing the game on 100% progress.

#7 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:19 AM

I'm at 70% and i haven't cheated once i don't intend to i never cheated in any of the other GTA's either i think it takes away from the fun. I'm more of a mission guy'

-wolf

#8 boundless

boundless

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:47 AM

I am close to 70% as well... No need to cheat..

I have just about 5 missions left to beat the story missions.

I think it time to start all the side missions and look for all the oyster and horseshoes and stuff like that.

This game is the best game I have ever played...

I love.gif RockStar

#9 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE(XLNC @ Jul 4 2005, 01:49 AM)
I also agree on the whole having fun idea with cheats, I planned not use cheats because I am eventually aiming to complete this 100%.

I recently did some cheats but did not save the game, can someone confirm that this will not stop me from completing the game on 100% progress.

View Post

I don't remember where I read it, whether it was in this forum or some other site, but you can actually use cheats, save the progress, and still achieve 100%. So, if you're not saving after a cheat, it should be even more guaranteed not to ruin your 100% goal. There are certain cheats that you cannot achieve 100% with, such as pedestrians riot. Otherwise, I think when I read about it, the person who cheated found when he did not achieve 100% that it was really that he missed a few small things. He also helped some friends who did not achieve 100% find what accomplishments they missed by looking through their list. Now that I think of it, I think it was in this forum. Check it out, the GTA SA forum isn't that big yet.

Though I'm almost ready to cheat(though I won't) just to finish getting all of the gang territory. It's not that it's hard, I probably gain the hood on the first try 8 out of 10 times. It's just that there are so many to gain. Everytime I pick an area to take over and provoke a gang war I find that it's only a 1/3 of the area I expected it to be. I probably have 12+ left to take over and it's fun, but I've already done enough to be jaded by the mission. The fun part is choosing your battlefield. Like great commanders, you choose where the battle is to be waged and assure victory. It's not so challenging when you can pick a spot so well that you don't even get shot once, but I'd rather get it over with anyway.

#10 grayjo

grayjo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:27 AM

I don't think intellegence has much to do with ability to gun down people in a computer game, it all comes down to reflexes and a gunner mentality. I have neither, nor the compulsion to sit for hours learning how to play the game well, stressing out over continually dieing.

So i cheat, i am possibly the most prolific cheater on games, becasue i suck at any game you can die. I am not ashamed of that, I don't play games for the "challenge". I play games for the story, and to have fun. Repeating a mission 100 times just dosn't appeal to me if i can get it done easier with cheats.

I seriously do reget any cheating on games that do require intellegence, like puzzle games, some rpgs, especially if i was just too lazy to figure it out. I haven't done that in a while.

Edited by grayjo, 09 July 2005 - 05:30 AM.

#11 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:53 AM

i use unlimited money and wanted level cheats only... because cops suck when you are trying to complete a 10 minute mission.

#12 Tommy V

Tommy V

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, and PSP (my cousins, I still don't have one yet.)<br /><br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 July 2005 - 05:09 AM

I don't use cheats when I am by myself playing the story, but when I have my cousin and brother over we go on rampages with cheats.

Edited by Tommy V, 12 July 2005 - 05:11 AM.

#13 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:14 AM

yeah typing in the weapons cheat and going on rampages is fun

but its not like i save it or anything

and i'll type in no cops sometimes when i want to kill people without cops bugging me
but again i don't save it with cheats on

#14 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(deathx88 @ Jul 11 2005, 11:25 PM)
yeah typing in the weapons cheat and going on rampages is fun

but its not like i save it or anything
and i'll type in no cops sometimes when i want to kill people without cops bugging me
but again i don't save it with cheats on

View Post

Normally, cheats are more fun after you've played the game the first time around. It's really more to just enhance your gameplay but for the most part already know what the outcome will be anyway.

Just like for GTA and GTA:VC, I finished the game the first time without cheats then played it again a second (and third) with the trainers. Gotta say, a whole lot of fun but at the same time it was good to know that despite not having those the first, I got through the game.

Just a thought...

#15 crazykid092

crazykid092

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:04 AM

Me and my friends used to play the other GTA's with cheats, but i haven't cheated in SA and it's a lot funner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users