• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:35 PM

I just read on the X-S main page about the closing of certain game hacking forums regarding a very popular Bungie game wink.gif .
You guys here on X-S deserve serious prop for taking this step. These cheaters made my live experience quite unpleasant, despite all of the Mod's warnings and diligent work to prevent these guys from being quite lame and f-ing up live for honest, respectable sorts.
You guys work very hard to keep the scene respectable and legit, and with this newest and drastic step, I feel Bungie owes you guys a little more respect than they have offered in the past.

Anyway, thanks to you guys for keeping the scene legit, and keeping the few bastards from bringing the BANHAMMER down on all of us. beerchug.gif

#2 runawaywarthog

runawaywarthog

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:ehh this site called xbox-scene... dunno if you know it
  • Interests:eating, sleeping, sitting, breathing, getting a shower, changing my clothes.<br />KISSING THE CAT!!!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

damn it took long enough, glad you people finally decided to action. "we need to respect the cheaters, after all it is a cheating forum." so thats why we did this? come on bullshit. we needed mods in there that made it clear that halo 2 cheating is not permitted. instead, we let it get out of hand and had to close it temporarily/permanently. gay ass cheaters, that was my favorite forum out of all the forums i visit.

#3 br0w

br0w

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

yep, that forum needed cleaning anyway. it was turning into a pirate like area, kids posting links to maps, blah blah blah. i think cheating should not be allowed in there agian. i dont care if its a hacking forum.

#4 mitch2025

mitch2025

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:29 PM

i think they should close down all the forums because people can stil post links to hacked files and patches to cheat on MM. i bet soon the halo1 forum will turn into a halo2 hacking forum

#5 Twasi

Twasi

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:35 PM

Good decision, needed good cleaning, the mod's just couldn't keep up I think with the 24/7 links to warez and map files. Hopefuly when/if they bring it back they can put alot of mods on the section so they can have it covered 24/7 but they really shouldn't have to do that dry.gif I'm sure we didn't see alot of the worst stuff as some of the mods probably pounced on it right away.

#6 Corspegrinder99

Corspegrinder99

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:37 PM

What a great 4th of July present! Celebration!

#7 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:28 PM

I think closing all the forums are is a little extreme. There is way to much help to be offered here for modding problems, etc. If we, the respectable members of the scene, simply report links to mods ASAP, then it will be limited.
I sure understand the sentiment, though. And, it is a great idea to watch the Halo forum.

#8 twolvesfan624

twolvesfan624

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:38 PM

i tihnk its unfair.i tihnk halo 2 fourms should open back up and if any1 even uses the words live and mod in the same sentence they should be banned..
this is not fair for the rest of us who do not cheat, and who mod for themselves for fun and not to play on xbl

#9 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:58 PM

as a mod of the halo2 hacking forum, i can only applaud this step... the place wasnt about exploring what can be done with the game anymore: it was a place for losers to brag about what they can do(cheat, pirate), a place for the supposedly more matrue to call them names, and a place for people to rant about both previous groups... there were a few good people that frequented said forum, but they could be counted on one hand...

#10 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:06 AM

one member that comes to mind is X_Destruction, I think he REALLY tried to turn the halo 2 hacking forum around at the last minute so you gotta give him credit for trying wink.gif
(for those who don't remember its the pinned topic, guide to real modding)

#11 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Jul 5 2005, 01:09 AM)
as a mod of the halo2 hacking forum, i can only applaud this step... the place wasnt about exploring what can be done with the game anymore: it was a place for losers to brag about what they can do(cheat, pirate), a place for the supposedly more matrue to call them names, and a place for people to rant about both previous groups... there were a few good people that frequented said forum, but they could be counted on one hand...

View Post

Yes sir. This was a very unfortunate but neccessary step. And, once Bungie gets its crap together and handles up on those cheaters, the Halo 2 hacking forums will be back up. I just got off LIVE and got modded in EVERY team preview game I played. It was disgusting and not fun at all.

#12 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:57 AM

In the next 24 ours.. the entire staff will be given instructions, very detailed instructions, to either directly ban, or req bans, for anyone posting in ANY forum on XS and try to turn other forums into a shithole for halo 2 hacking, moddng, and cheats. Links and urls to files will be shitlisted, and IP bans will be processed where necessary.

In some cases, full idents/ip of posters will be published, and IP's submitted to services such as LIVE etc. In the cases of piracy links, similar info will be forward to their home ISP's where prosecution will be encouraged (we done this efore.. and have watched it work and be successful)

Cheaters and Pirates have ruined something that was once enjoyable for all.

#13 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jul 4 2005, 02:39 PM)
I think closing all the forums are is a little extreme.  There is way to much help to be offered here for modding problems, etc.  If we, the respectable members of the scene, simply report links to mods ASAP, then it will be limited.
I sure understand the sentiment, though.  And, it is a great idea to watch the Halo forum.

View Post

This is the thing I hated the most.. we actually got very few REPORT's using the report button for the HALO 2 nonsense. So.. instead.. staff had to methodicially read each and every theread to ferrit out stuff.. and given the size of XS.. that is a daunting task. The Halo @ Hacking forum was quickly becoming a hotbed on xs.. and it was becoming unmanageable. I couldn't keep diverting staff and resources for just that forum.

If more people.. would use the REPORT button.. and less people would whine in bitch in the offending threads.. those threads would have been looked at sooner by staff.. and possibly dealt with where needed. Instead.. the average xs member goes and posts flames and "don't cheat" or "don't pirate" posts. Useless.. all they have done is bump a bad thread. Sometimes.. those well meaning members.. are WORSE than the assholes. They effectively keep topics hot, and bumped to the top.

We had some good members in that forum.. who had some great ideas,, and shared some great mods. The shit doesn't fall on them.. but.. it did hurt them. It's the assholes in this scene.. who can't play a game without unfairly leveling up. They can't seem to play without high jumping and sniping you from the top of maps. They can't seem to play without firing 8 rockets in 2 seconds. What's funny.. is that they think they are good at Halo..

If that's what it takes to be good at a game.. I'll gladly sit at level 3, 5, or 12.

#14 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Jul 5 2005, 05:08 AM)
In the next 24 ours.. the entire staff will be given instructions, very detailed instructions, to either directly ban, or req bans, for anyone posting in ANY forum on XS and try to turn other forums into a shithole for halo 2 hacking, moddng, and cheats.  Links and urls to files will be shitlisted, and IP bans will be processed where necessary.

In some cases, full idents/ip of posters will be published, and IP's submitted to services such as LIVE etc. In the cases of piracy links, similar info will be forward to their home ISP's where prosecution will be encouraged (we done this efore.. and have watched it work and be successful)

Cheaters and Pirates have ruined something that was once enjoyable for all.

View Post

Another drastic yet neccessary step that the mods here @ the X-S forums have been forced into by these loser p****ies.

CEERS to you HSDEMONZ and the rest of you guys working to keep the forums respectable. beerchug.gif

It may not take long for this to all be cleared up with diligent members and you mods handling things.

#15 X_Destruction

X_Destruction

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(82_Z28 @ Jul 4 2005, 07:17 PM)
one member that comes to mind is X_Destruction, I think he REALLY tried to turn the halo 2 hacking forum around at the last minute so you gotta give him credit for trying  wink.gif
(for those who don't remember its the pinned topic, guide to real modding)

View Post

Thanks man, but I just couldn't help that shithole as much as anyone else could. I converted a couple people, and drove some people into modding, and released some good mods myself. The one thing I couldn't do was save that forum. 80%+ of all posts there were of some n00b trying to get cheats for live. Yeah, some people were drastic by trying to get cheaters to screw up their xboxs with a sledgehammer or magnets, but they'd still keep asking. It was too bad. That forum once was great for finding the next great way to do something awesome to Halo 2 by adding features, content or skins, not to send LIVE play in Halo 2 into the crapper. X-S is known as the top xbox modding site on the planet, so every cheating n00b will be directed here to mod their xbox. Then they'd come to the Halo 2 Hacking forum asking how to cheat.

Those cheats are like the flood, but worse. Thing is, the admins/mods at X-S are the spartans, and they're cleaning up this mess by banning, shitlisting and temp locking the Halo 2 Hacking forum.

At first I didn't approve of locking the forum, and got banned from the IRC chat at X-S in the process. But now I see, that forum was way beyond recovery. I definitely like where you guys are going with your policy though, give the cheaters all the hell they truly deserve, and it could even mean getting cut off by their ISP if it comes to that step. I applaud you for taking this step man, hopefully when the patch comes, the halo 2 hacking forum will be back up and will actually prosper again... hopefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users