5 replies to this topic

#1 warcow

warcow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:40 PM

Ive got my v1.0 (ST) xbox chipped with an apple x PRO modchip. NOw the modchip isn't working 100% (somethimes it wont boot with modchip enabled)
Now i tought of flashing the orriginal xbox bios (tsop) since i'm not planning on going online with my xbox.
I soldered the bridge on the upper side, an on the down side i soldered a wire from WE# to WR#.

After that i loaded up the slayers evox 2.5 final dvd, and I tried to flash an 1 mbit bios to my xbox.
Now comes my problem: "Flash not writable"
Could this be because my xbox tries to flash the apple x pro, or did i solder something wrong? (or did I forget something/ do something stupid? )

It would be great if i got this problem solved, since my apple x pro really sucks (wont do any good resoldering, tried that -EDIT: tried the resoldering on the modchip)

Edited by warcow, 05 July 2005 - 09:43 PM.

#2 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

You can't flash the onboard tsop when you boot from an lpc mod chip. You will need to install a softmod of use some sort or exploit to be able to flash the tsop.

Caster.

Edited by caster420, 05 July 2005 - 10:11 PM.

#3 warcow

warcow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:19 PM

That's pretty lame, but thank you for youre reply

1 more thing, does my modchip need to be removed when i flash after exploitation/softmodding, or can i just leave it at its place? (i can boot with orriginal xbox bios with eject)

Edited by warcow, 05 July 2005 - 10:20 PM.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,742 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(warcow @ Jul 5 2005, 05:30 PM)
That's pretty lame, but thank you for youre reply

1 more thing, does my modchip need to be removed when i flash after exploitation/softmodding, or can i just leave it at its place? (i can boot with orriginal xbox bios with eject)

View Post

as long as you ar booting with the chip disabled (eject trick works) then you can flash the TSOP

#5 warcow

warcow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

So i suppose best thing to do is using an hack like the font thingy. (or an audio exploit)
Using those game save hacks wouldn't be smart, since it would take too long of a time, and ive allready got ftp acces.

Thank you all for youre reply's. Now i can finally flash my xbox bios biggrin.gif

#6 evanmugford

evanmugford

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:sports,computers, xboxs pretty much anything you can crack or mod
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:05 PM

just go to xbins get a save game explote, add appropriate bios , ftp it over , short the flash points boot to the game and load flash smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users