Xbox,ps2, Gc All In One Case
Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:06 PM
I've seen others on other sites I've considered because they were more Xbox-esque, but I've decided on that one because of the window, LEDs, and big ass fan, plus if it's too loud I can turn it down.
It's got plenty of room for all the systems and extra HDD, and hopefully can put the DVD drives in the bays. Since GC is flip top, I thought I might just cut a square in the top and pretty much put the whole top of the GC there and bondo it smooth(but then I'd have to paint it, unless I get the silver case and do such a smooth job it looks good enough. My gc is silver.)
Then I figured since my PS2 can't read all the games that well, especially PS1 games, I might as well get a new one. I considered slim, but that's flip top too and I'd rather have a sliding drive fit in one of the bays(Is it possible to get a slim, and connect it to the older PS2 sliding DVD drive. I'd need a new drive of course.) With all the extra space I'll get an HDD for the PS2 as well, and I'll only need to swap discs when playing GC.
So my q's:
1. Could I fit the drives in the bays provided?
2. Anybody have a PS2 stuff for sale? Slim or regular, DVD drive, mods, hdd's, etc?
3. General tips and suggestions for putting it all together, situating and cleaning the GC top, controller ports, etc.
4. And does anybody live in the Detroit area that can help? I'm more of a doer to have kind of guy, not doer to do. Plus, last time I tried to cut the Xbox plastic with a dremel it looked like shit, and I want this to be clean looking.
5. I've got an adaptor for all three so hopefully that will reach all three, but what about the power? Anyway to connect all of those and just having one plug coming out the back? If not, I guess I'll just wrap them up and plug the three into this three plug adaptor thing I've got.
6. How big of an HDD do you think I need for the PS2? Since I'll really only need it for PS2 exclusives like God of War, and only those games that are so good that an Xbox equivalent would not do. They've got so many games I don't know which ones are good(not into RPG's.) Which exclusives should I get?
Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:09 PM
Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:46 AM
and that has all 3 in it.....
Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:15 AM
goodluck with this i think an xbox/gamecube would rool all in the xbox case like the one the guy did on here
Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:41 AM
KDR. I'll pm ya tomorrow.
I've ordered the case(not the one linked above. the Jetmaster, rather than the aeroengine) plus a 250Gb for the Xbox, and a 160GB for PS2. Probably bigger than I need, but TigerDirect is got a rebate thing right now, so might as well. Same price as getting a 40GB. So now I'll need a chip for the PS2 and GC, and probably a new PS2. I wish GC could have HDD too, that'd be sweet with every system all in one(except for Dreamcast and Atari Jaguar 64, just about everything else I have on emulator).
Still looking for more tips, suggestions, answers.
Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:25 AM
What, what?! That's pretty sweet. Well, that's what I thought at first. Then I visited the site and it looks like there is a lot more to it then chipping and adding an HDD. I'm already gonna have to learn enough as it is so I think I'll just stick with disc swapping for the GC. Maybe not even chip it, because what's the point of backups if they're not on HDD. I keep my discs nice(until friends touch em). Unless there are good imports, but that can wait.
KDR, I thought of something...using uv reactive heat shrink tubing for wire management and aesthetics. Or even UV reactive window molding, but I don't want to go blind so...pishaw.
Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:00 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users