8 replies to this topic

#1 Sphinx8821

Sphinx8821

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:24 AM

OK I didn't even know this dashboard existed until today when my friends bought over his new modded box and he had this dashboard, so please don't flame..

I copied his folder and xbe over to my xbox, but it didn't work. So I downloaded from EFNet and it seems to be an older version, it says its 1.0 and it doesnt have 4 tabs under the main menu, which my friends version did.

I went to #TeamUIX or whatever that channel is, but it doesnt say how to find the list of programs or anything, so I couldnt check there to see if there was a newer version.

And, the website seems to be screwed over, so I couldn't check there either about a new version.

So can someone give me a hint here? This dashboard is gorgeous (Especially like the skins) and I really would like it, and if I can get it like my friends version, i'll set it up as my default dashboard.

So can someone give me a hand here? If you can't say anything here, PM me, if you can't say anything in a PM can you PM me a contact address so we can talk? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 HomicidalMo0se

HomicidalMo0se

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:01 AM

codes section.

#3 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:14 AM

try #xbins

They have the dl for UIX, and there is only 1 version

It may not be working because you dont have the fixed .xbe

#4 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:21 AM

codes section.

Like the killer moose mentioned the code secton. The four tabs is a simple mod to the UIX dash. If you get the original version of UIX running you should be able to copy his xips and have a dash like his. Make sure you have the same skin as what's listed in his uix.ini. AKA set his skin to a stock skin before the copy or copy the skin he has on.

#5 Sphinx8821

Sphinx8821

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:09 PM

Ah brilliant, thankyou very much people, that's really helpful.

One more thing though, it says in one of the .txt's or .nfo's that if you set the dashboard menu to read path "dashboards" it will look in all folders called dashboards on all partitions. I've created 2 or 3 dashboards folders on different partitions, but when I go into it, it doesn't list any dashboards at all. Is there any specific structure to keep inside the folders to make it detect them? It's the same for the games folder, and with my luck, most likely the apps folder too.

#6 kelvindeg

kelvindeg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:42 PM

you need to press Y when you are in the Dashboards or Games list
this will refresh your list
i hope this helps

#7 Tetsuo0410

Tetsuo0410

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, and play games on my consoles :P. And ofcourse chillin with my gf
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

you get the fourth tab if you change something in de .xml file. There should be a topic around here somewhere (if they didn't delete it). good luck

#8 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:41 PM

you get the fourth tab if you change something in de .xml file. There should be a topic around here somewhere (if they didn't delete it). good luck

uuuh .xml file hey?

You Do:

Default.xip -- Default.xap

Search for:

CODE
m_nbuttons = 3;//number of buttons in main menu

Then change the 3 to a 4

so:

CODE
m_nbuttons = 4;//number of buttons in main menu

save, inject it back to the default.xip

transfer it back to the xbox and reboot UIX

Now u have 4 tabs

#9 Cartman117

Cartman117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:10 AM

you have to do more that that. Check the codes section. That will activate the tab. But you have to put the location of what your gonna use the tab for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users