Mark Jindrak
Maven
Shannon Moore
Akio
Gangrel
Billy Kidman
Spike Dudley
Kevin Fertig (mordecai)

There are only two releases on that list that im surprised by and those are Billy Kidman and Spike Dudley simply because they have been consistently on TV. Never in rememberable gimmicks but still relevant nonetheless.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by thegame_evolution, 06 July 2005 - 05:12 AM.

#2 XBL_SUCKS

XBL_SUCKS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

Akio has been doing house shows latley and I like the Cruiserweight's, I am shocked as well with them releasing Billy Kidman and Spike Dudley. The other guys are "jobbers," I don't know what Vince is doing but maybe it is for the best

#3 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:22 PM

More cuts have happened.....here smore of the cuts today:

Joy Giovonni
Kenzo Suzuki
Matt Morgan
Charlie Haas
Jackie Gayda
Marty Janetty (big surprise there......literally)
Dawn Marie

The Dudleys have also been released but only because contract negotiations between them and WWE broke down and not because of ost cutting measures.

Edited by thegame_evolution, 06 July 2005 - 10:24 PM.

#4 XBL_SUCKS

XBL_SUCKS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(thegame_evolution @ Jul 6 2005, 04:33 PM)
More cuts have happened.....here smore of the cuts today:

Joy Giovonni
Kenzo Suzuki
Matt Morgan
Charlie Haas
Jackie Gayda
Marty Janetty (big surprise there......literally)
Dawn Marie

The Dudleys have also been released but only because contract negotiations between them and WWE broke down and not because of ost cutting measures.

View Post

Damn Joy is gone she was one of the most famous and had some actual mic skills of the divas. Matt Morgan was ok and I would have liked to see Kenzo and Tajari as a team. Hmm Vince is getting rid of some ok talent. If Kenzo is gone I bet his "valet" Hikero or what ever her name is is also gone

#5 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:19 AM

Im actually kinda surprised but not really that Matt Morgan was let go. He never really had a relevant angle but he was on V alot recently (if memory serves).

#6 thesideinguy

thesideinguy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Solder for a hobby. like too shoot stuff.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:12 AM

imo, those guys and gals were all generic no-names.
I'm glad to see some cuts.
those people ARE NOT entertaining.
they need to get rid of that damn GM on smackdown, and hire some one alitle less fake.

#7 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

Jimmy Yang (Akio) will more than likely go back to All Japan Pro Wrestling...and that's a good thing since they won't fuck him over like the WWE did (I think Johnny Ace is still pissed at the Japanese wrestling industry (in general) and/or All Japan (specifically) for not giving him a nice run at the Triple Crown like Stan Hansen and other gaijins...or whatever bug crawled up his ass and lead to the arguement(s) between him and Motoko Baba (Mrs. Giant Baba) and him ultimately leaving to become a back stage stooge for WCW).

I'm actually glad that the Dudleys were let go...they were stale, but only because of the WWE environment and restrictions. I would have loved to see the return of Studdering Bubba (they did it very briefly a few years back in the WWE, but was big in ECW), though they did use a clip for advertizing the ECW: One Night Stand PPV ("Let's get ready to Ru-Ru-Ru, Ru-Ru" *smack*). The death of the Dudleys could be traced back to when they brought out the "parents" of the Dudleys...how stupid does the WWE think the fans are? Only those who have never even heard of the whole Dudley Clan wouldn't have realized that. The whole Bubba, D-Von and Spike being together thing ruined probably the most beautifully orchestrated heel turns (at least IMO) for Bubba back in 1996 which saw Bubba turn on Spike by beating the ever loving hell out of him and joining D-Von (and was the first time the 3-D was used). Maybe they can go to All Japan to join A-Train (Great Bernard or something like that), Jamal, and Buchanon...or maybe even become part of the Hustle! Fighting Opera (the inside joke of professional wrestling...and more entertaining than the WWE if I do say so).

The others will more than likely end up on the indy scene...

#8 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

Damn if only Ted Turner was allowed to be in wrestling again, if i were him i'd snatch up some of the good people WWE cut.

like Molly and Spike and Rhyno, and the dudley's they just need a good storyline.
oh and Nidia, she was quite entertaining and not bad to look at.

#9 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:11 PM

Some of those cuts are crazy.. especially with the WWE apparently trying to sign ECW type talent fot the future.

#10 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(VampX @ Jul 7 2005, 02:21 PM)
Damn if only Ted Turner was allowed to be in wrestling again, if i were him i'd snatch up some of the good people WWE cut.

like Molly and Spike and Rhyno, and the dudley's they just need a good storyline.
oh and Nidia, she was quite entertaining and not bad to look at.

View Post

I believe Billionaire Ted's no-compete clause ends soon...

#11 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:15 PM

When does his co compete clause end?? Soon enough to buy TNA?? I doubt it but if Ted could get behind TNA financially then they would be pretty much assured to get a good national TV deal (ala WCW). But thats just wishful thinking but i kinda cant wait to have Turner get back into wrestling.

#12 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

according to this article his no compete clause ended in march 2004,
and Aol's no compete clause will end in March 2006, so i guess we're gonna have to wait for 2006
or otherwise something would have happened by now..

it wouldnt surprise me if Turner was secretly funding TNA via panda energy, i mean TNA isnt very profitable as of yet,
i just cant shake the idea of Turner slipping TNA some survival money until he can legaly buy the entire company in 2006 biggrin.gif

#13 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

Jim Cornette has also been released from his contract with WWE/OVW. Apparently the reason is because he has been burned out as of late and had an incident with a OVW wrestler. Cornette slapped the wrestler nine or ten times after the wrestler giggled at a "serious" character.

Edited by thegame_evolution, 08 July 2005 - 08:08 PM.

#14 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

Oh, yeah, Tough Enough was REAL successful. laugh.gif

But honestly, I am surprised at the cuts. If theyre trying to promote the Cruiserweight division with the "Mexicools" ( dry.gif ) they shouldnt have gotten rid of Kidman and Akio. And personally, I thought with A LOT more face time on SD! he would have been successful.

And on another note, wtf are they doing with Chavo uhh.gif

#15 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:28 AM

OVW is a lost cause...and everything Cornette did to help up-and-coming wrestlers was pissed on by Vince anyways. Cornette had those up-and-comers go thru the basics and Vince is stuck on the kick-punch mentality...

I applaude Cornette for at least sticking around despite all the bullshit, but he really should've walked away from that whole mess a long time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users