DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:03 AM

I noticed a weird glitch when I was playing SA last night when I was trying to get my bike skill up ie.. riding my bike as far as I can on the railroad tracks then turn around and do it again when on my way through san ferero (sp?) my bike and I flew up and I fell all the way through the ground and kept falling then I just appeared on the street above. I haven't fallen through a map in a few years and didn't know if it was common in SA or it was just dumb luck that I found that.

#2 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:16 PM

hmm never happed to me although i have fallen through maps in Vice city before

-wolf

#3 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:40 AM

I used the jetpack to get onto a roof and fell through a part of the roof and I was in limbo laugh.gif

#4 Darkshamo

Darkshamo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

Yea it happened to me like 3 times on the ps2 version. Its most common on a bike, I was riding around Mount chilliad and I just fell thru. I ended up back in los santos in the end.

#5 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:07 AM

The weirdest glitch I've come accross is when I finished the mission where you blow up loads of helicopters and they blow up about 3 times, I hit one with a rocket and that caused a chain reaction because there were 2 other helicopters close and then lots of explosions went off and the cutscene shows the helicopter I was looking out for dropping a package, after that most of the ground was transparent but solid, things like cars were floating in the air and solids like houses and buildings were all transparent and could see them appear for a split second.

Reloading the game fixed the glitch.

#6 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:08 AM

are you guys playing the ps2 or the xbox version

those glitches might have been fixed on the xbox

#7 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

xbox for me, but that's the only glitch so far, pretty big still.

#8 DjO

DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:08 AM

ok something else kinda cool just happened with this glitch.....I was on the tracks again and was seeing how long I could do a wheelie and I was going for awhile then I fell off backwards. I was kinda pissed so I went to the nearest train station and went up to get a new bike. I had to kill 3 people to get a new bike but when I finally got it I hopped back on and it ended my wheelie right when I got back on the bike. I had a max distance of alittle over 8000 feet! I know there was no way I went that long before I fell off so I guess it counted the wheelie until I got back on a new bike blink.gif

#9 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:09 AM

ok something happened to me in this game too.

i came out of a pizza place near grove street and all of a sudden there was a big explosion on the roof across the street from me

it came out of no where and i didn't know what the hell it was

i tried to get a closer look and it looked like a plane crashed there, or it was shot down or something blink.gif

do planes normally fall out of the sky? ph34r.gif

#10 adfinder23

adfinder23

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:19 AM

^^I don't know if that's a glitch, but I can't say I have seen a plane just fall out of the sky. Though that would be pretty neat if Rockstar had programmed in plane crashes, but that the chances were so small that not everybody would even see it. Like you had to be in the right place at the right time and the chances are so slim you just witnessed a miracle. Feel special. There are some oddly timed things in the game though. Have you seen the video of the guy who was going to take the quad off wood planked jump on the hill and right when he got to the top, a WWII fighter plane just pwned him. Myself, one time (not in band camp) I was running down the street and once I reached the corner of this building a cop car just plowed me all the way across the street until it hit a pole. Then the cops got out and started shooting at the perp they were chasing as I lay underneath the car dying.

#11 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(deathx88 @ Jul 12 2005, 02:20 PM)
do planes normally fall out of the sky?  ph34r.gif

View Post

I saw the same thing once after coming out of the diner near the nurse's house.

#12 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:25 PM

you guys have not modified your xbe to not fall from bikes, did you? I did, which causes planes not to take off, and flying planes to get pulled to the floor.

#13 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:02 AM

heres some more i found

ps2 version

not exactly sure where this was again, but on the highway somewhere, the road went down and then it went into a tunnel

i did this several times and 3 out of 10 times a car would get sucked into the ceiling

i wish i knew where it was so i could test it out on the xbox version

and another one

xbox version

on the first island out in BFE on this certain road next to a big cliff
at least 2 cars and a truck lined up in a row decided not to stay on the road and they went in between the girder and some rock and flew right off the edge
it was like a buildings height from up there

something might have scared the drivers and then they turned off the edge, but i don't think i saw anything hit them

#14 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:31 AM

I've played through both Xbox and PS2 versions and I can confirm that planes literally do fall out of the sky. Sometimes fire engines even attend the scene. Its just a brilliant touch and totally random.

I had one time on the Xbox version during the gang wars when the scenery was redrawing right infront of me on and off. A street sign was left with just the words suspended in mid air. Walking around was like a bad acid trip. I went back to a safe house and saved, but it persisted, so I reboot. It was fine after that.

#15 d0wnlab

d0wnlab

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:06 PM

last night I was in a mission and waiting for my target to get in a taxi, from a distance. I look to my side and see a person's head sticking through a wall near the ground (so their head was about 1 foot above the ground, coming through the building). It looked like they were trying to walk forward, and then the were launched up, possibly into the sky possibly just onto the roof, as if the game was correcting the mistake or something. very strange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users