• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FrenzalRhomb

FrenzalRhomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:06 PM

I recently was trying to install the new halo 2 map packs when half way through the maptacular pack my XBOX ran out of hard drive space. I still have the normal 10 gig HD that came with the XBOX but it still should be able to hold Halo 2 and the new maps. For some stupid reason my XBOX has been partioned into like a E drive and an F drive. The E drive has like 4.5 gig or something like that (Just enough to hold Halo 2 and only 2 of the new maps) and the F drive has like 1.5 gig. How do i join the 2 partions together? I mean its so stupid because if for instance like now i got some new maps for halo they wont fit into the E partion because it is to small, but technicly the HD should be able to hold it, but its not like i can install the maps into the F partion and just shortcut them into the halo 2 folder on the E partion or anything. If any part of this post doesnt really make sense please let me know because ive been wanting to sort this problem out for quite a while now.

Thanks in advanced.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(FrenzalRhomb @ Jul 7 2005, 09:17 AM)
I recently was trying to install the new halo 2 map packs when half way through the maptacular pack my XBOX ran out of hard drive space. I still have the normal 10 gig HD that came with the XBOX but it still should be able to hold Halo 2 and the new maps. For some stupid reason my XBOX has been partioned into like a E drive and an F drive. The E drive has like 4.5 gig or something like that (Just enough to hold Halo 2 and only 2 of the new maps) and the F drive has like 1.5 gig. How do i join the 2 partions together? I mean its so stupid because if for instance like now i got some new maps for halo they wont fit into the E partion because it is to small, but technicly the HD should be able to hold it, but its not like i can install the maps into the F partion and just shortcut them into the halo 2 folder on the E partion or anything. If any part of this post doesnt really make sense please let me know because ive been wanting to sort this problem out for quite a while now.

Thanks in advanced.

View Post

has it occurred to you maybe MS never envisioned someone would be putting an entire game on the partition designed to hold only gamesaves? thats why the maps wont fit, h2 takes up almsot the entire drive, delete some of the videos out of the game to make more space and consider investing in a larger HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users