6 replies to this topic

#1 brj2378

brj2378

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:13 PM

ive connected my pc to xbox, can acess my files in the xbox, but when i transfer a file to my xbox from my pc it goes into the queue box tries to transfer then a red x shows up , and it says it fails. I can transfer files from xbox to the pc, but not pc to xbox. Please is there anything that anyone might know to assist me.

#2 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

check to make sure there aren't any characeters that the xbox dislikes in the file name....also make sure the file name isn't too long (over 42 characters)

here's what's not allowed:

< > = ? : ; " * + , / |

#3 brj2378

brj2378

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:55 PM

well i dont see any of those characters. What i am trying to do is install dvd2xbox. i have it on my pc now i want to transfer it to my xbox so i can install it. i just soft modded my xbox it using the splinter cell method. everything seems to be in order as far as seeing the files in ftp and the xbox itself as far launching and what not but i cant transfer any files it says expanding folders than eror 502 in ipswitchwspro. when i tried it with smartftp icouldnt even log in it says Type set to IMAGE.
REST 0
502 rest is not implemented.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory
PASV
502 pasv is not implemented.
and in flash fxp i connect but when i try to transfer it just goes in the queue and theres an x.
i was trying to transfer the dvd2xbox directly to my f folder in the xbox am i doing it the right way.
Thanks for taking time and this is really driving me crazy hopefully you can help

#4 fdisker

fdisker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

Eliminate the easy stuff first. Where are you trying to upload? C? D? E? Uploading to D on the xbox won't work (it's the DVD drive). When I tried with flashfxp I also get a red X in the queue.

Try uploading to E or F (if you have an F drive).

#5 brj2378

brj2378

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:12 PM

fdisker thanks you helped me figure it out. I think im going to show just how much of a newbie i am. You wrote if i have an f drive, i just assumed i had an f drive, and i read somwher to transfer the dvdtoxbox to the f drive. But because of what you wrote i began to think maybe i dont have an f drive so i transfered to e and all is well.
So thanks What is the f . Also 1 last thinng is it easy to upgrade your hdd any thoughts. Alright tahnks guys

#6 fdisker

fdisker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:44 PM

The F drive would be the remaining free space on an upgraded hard drive. Sounds to me like you haven't upgraded your drive yet so you probably don't have one.

Is it easy to upgrade the drive? It can be. It's easier with a chipped box but my softmodded box took longer. I had to use a combination of XBOXHDM and the UXE exploit ... I also needed my eeprom. There are some very well written tutorials you should read and then read again before you try. The most important thing you can do is to make a backup of your C drive and copy it (or ftp it) to your computer.

#7 brj2378

brj2378

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:04 PM

would you happen to know where i could find a good tutorial for a softmod ive been looking around and yet to find one that i feel comfortable with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users