2 replies to this topic

#1 mxkz

mxkz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:34 AM

Hi,

Today I was given a chameleon modchip + pin header.

I read the instructions from the chips users guide, installed the d0 wire, and the pin header, screwed it in position and booted the box.

Before the modchip I softmodded the box and eventually screwed up the TSOP with a blank ConfigMagic template...

But isn't the modchip meant to short out the TSOP and boot to the modchip?

I was reading some other topics and found out that the chip has a blue light once activated. Well no blue light for me.

My friend has already flashed the Chameleon BIOS, so it has something to boot off and the modchip works because he had it running in his box with no problems beforehand. (now he uses the box for Live - no modchip, and bought another box pre-modded).

Also, what is the PIN configuration (diagram) for the PIN Header so I can somehow check to see if the LPC points are in correctly (though they supposably were) and provide an external ground and power source from somewhere else in the box (though I don't want to).

Your help is much respected.

mexxus

#2 mxkz

mxkz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:07 AM

And another thing, does the d0 wire need to be soldered into the d0 hole on the box or is it alright just to sit the wire firmly into the hole?

#3 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:36 AM

Today I was given a chameleon modchip + pin header.

I read the instructions from the chips users guide, installed the d0 wire, and the pin header, screwed it in position and booted the box

Its been a while since I installed my chameleon, but if you did a pin header install (the installation where you solder the pin header in place into the LPC and rest the chip on it), then there shouldnt be a "screw" to set it into position.

However, if you did a pin header install..then it is absolutely imperative that you solder the d0 in place. If youre a little unsure about soldering, i suggest using the underside d0 point instead. Its a little larger and easier to work with for unexperienced solderers. word of caution, use a 15w iron and be careful not to lift a trace.

If you did a "solderless adapter" installation where you screwdown the adapter and rest the chameleon on top of it, then the wire does not have to be soldered, althought it sometimes helps the connection if you carefully scrape off the coating on the motherboard at the d0 point with a pin or other fine point tool. dont be too agressive, just scrape enough to remove the coating.

Also, unlike the matrix (chameleon's predicessor), once the chip's cromwell bios has been flashed, the blue light goes away.

hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users