• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 monkeychunks

monkeychunks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:39 AM

So I picked up a used xbox at the store, and decided to mod it out. Not for fame or fortune, but simply because I like to tinker with stuff. I ran into some problems, but was able to work through them by searching the forums. But now I'm stuck. I like the challenge of working through problems, but I can't work through this one.

I got the modchip, and I got a new HDD. I had to put a new motherboard in (which might be causing me some problems). At first, I got error 16. A little research showed me this was a dashboard issue. No big deal, I'll just put the old HDD in. Sure enough, no more error 16. Now, it's error 6- which I learn means the HDD isn't locked. Hmmm... Maybe I can trick it by turning it on, and switching HDDs (sounds pretty silly in retrospect, but I swear it was a fantastic idea at the time). I go ahead and try it, and nothing happens. Now when I turn it on, it goes on-off-on-off-on-off etc etc. Obviously, such activity is not condusive to gameplay, and leaves me wondering what the frick I should do next.

Any ideas?

#2 no0b123

no0b123

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Just xbox :p
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:41 AM

Learn to lock the HDD. FIRST make sure the HDD CAN be locked lol. and second make sure Evox is PROPERLY installed!

cheers beerchug.gif

#3 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:54 AM

ya, did u make sure ur new hdd is lockable?

#4 bosstitan187

bosstitan187

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:48 PM

pm me ill help ya out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users