Photo

Will Xbox360 Be Capable Of Rts (realtimestratedgy)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jop12

jop12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Blue
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:21 PM

Since the new system will have alot more hardware and be able to support more requirements for games, do you think developers will make Real Time Stratedgy games for the xbox360? The n64 had "starcraft" and the playstation had "civilazation" and "warcraft", so isnt it possible?

#2 Tobb555

Tobb555

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:23 PM

RTS on consoles SUCK. Ever try and play command and conquer on N64 or Starcraft. The games were unplayable. If they do make the games for the new xbox they better have keyboard and mouse support.

#3 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:32 PM

Funny that you bring this up....

I got a survey asking my thoughts on the same topic. Appearently, MS is considering selling a mouse/keyboard combo for the 360 which would allow RTS game play. Honestly, I'd take just the mouse (i don't use a keyboard in RTS games unless i'm squad selecting) and since 360 has USB ports, I don't think it's a fantasy to see this come to fruition. Then again, if RTS games are successful on 360, my PC will never be used for games again! tongue.gif It's all I play anymore on my PC.... and Worms 2.... wink.gif

#4 jop12

jop12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

I know how bad the n64 was at supporting RTS games, but the playstation handled red alert, and civilization very well. So Maybe, since the xbox360 is superior to them it can handle RTS games better maybe. I know that a xbox360's hardware is more than what I have in my PC... Sucks though cause i dont see any RTS on the line-up.

edit: A keyboard and mouse would be great. For games like starcraft, i would use both, but on a game like stronghold i only use the mouse...

Edited by jop12, 08 July 2005 - 09:31 PM.

#5 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:32 PM

yeah I agree that a mouse is really handy for RTS...

though with HD resolutions I think I might be able to live with an analog stick... biggrin.gif

#6 zero129

zero129

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:31 PM

Well technicaly any console could handle an RTS game, it's really just about how you go about the controls for them, and since it's all about controls that means RTS games are
not very popular on consoles since until now they didn't really have Mouse and Keyboard support, so we might see some more RTS games, but then again, maybe RTS games are something console gamers just don't really want?.

#7 Twasi

Twasi

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:54 AM

I would love some RTS games on the 360. Hopefuly they will release some and include mouse support with them. It would be nice having something like C&C: Generals on XBL. Log on and see a big list of rooms and join up for a nice RTS game.

#8 SkateorDie

SkateorDie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:15 PM

Its all juts abotu getting over the controls part. everything else would be fine

#9 jop12

jop12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:27 AM

I dont see why it would have anything to do with controls since the n64 and playstation controllers had fewer buttons than the xbox's or ps2's. I could play starcraft all night and not have struggle with the controls or the analog. Even though the PS2 does have an RTS game, the only thing bad about it was the fact that when the Computer players got to big or, to many units were built, the game would slow down and be laggy. Thats why there shouldnt be any RTS on a console, but if the 360 is powerfull enough, I figure this wouldn't be the case. beerchug.gif

#10 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(jop12 @ Jul 11 2005, 04:38 AM)
I dont see why it would have anything to do with controls since the n64 and playstation controllers had fewer buttons than the xbox's or ps2's. I could play starcraft all night and not have struggle with the controls or the analog.

View Post

yes, but the majority of people feel that the controls suck on console RTS games. check out warcraft or C&C on the psx and you will probably agree. i would like to see someone give it a shot though and attempt to make something good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users