• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpAwN2k3

SpAwN2k3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

Okay I need help with this one... One day my hard drive just messed up... it stopped working and the hard drive is broken... I know it is the hard drive as this is what MS told me... Now I have a question... If I get a new Xbox Hard Drive from my friends Xbox... And put it into mine... What do I have to do to enable it to work so I can play on Xbox Live? I figured to come here because you guys know alot about this system...

#2 xzphatboizx69

xzphatboizx69

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:09 AM

You need to mod your xbox to change the harddrive. Since you want to go on live, your going to need a chip, and not a softmod. If you need this done right away, and don't have time to learn to install a chip, create a boot disc, and FTP the dash and apps, you should find an installer in your area, or even out of area, to install your chip.

For $30 I can supply a chip, and install it. I have stock harddrives for $10, or you can buy a larger one so you can back up games.

#3 SpAwN2k3

SpAwN2k3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:13 AM

Is there anyway I can do it without modding it? Like anyway possible? Also my old hard drive isnt even readable... it just went shot one day and will not work right... It keeps clicking and what not... So what can I do? My friend told me he can unlock the hd... But Im a newb when it comes to this... My bro told me it has to be hard modded in order to even work since my hd cant even be read... Anyone know?

Edited by SpAwN2k3, 09 July 2005 - 08:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users