• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dumbdude

dumbdude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:07 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. I have a soft modded xbox and play on live with it but because it is old it has trouble loading the maps for halo 2. It loads the downloaded ones fine because there on the hdd. So i was thinking would it be possible to ftp the maps on the game disc to the hdd so it loads the maps off of that and not the cd. If so where do i ftp them to. Could i be banned from xbox live if i could do this?

#2 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:07 PM

I doubt it would work. It's either your dvd drive or your profile (I hear deleting a profile can fix this problem).

#3 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:05 AM

1) Clean the disk.

2) Playing halo 2 off the HD will get you banned from Live: first, the see that you have a different/patched BIOS loaded (M$ doesn't want that tongue.gif ), and then, they'll see your playing it off a the HD (which shows that you have a modded Xbox).

3) Use Xlink Kai or XBConnect. they're free.

and yes, you can play it off an HD. Just make a "games" folder in the E:\ or F:\ drive, then make a "halo 2 folder in the games folder, then place all of the files into the Halo 2 folder. Also, delete every .xbe file, except default.xbe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users