4 replies to this topic

#1 ForTiLLiaN

ForTiLLiaN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:15 AM

After i have compete a softmod, could i unsolder the connections i made to write the bios. I understand that later if i wanted to update i would have to redo the solder. Could i do that?

#2 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:20 AM

this should be in the softmod forums, and im not even sure it should be there. you talk of soldered connections???? do you mean tsop flash?

#3 SpikeMage

SpikeMage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:21 AM

Buy a chip.

#4 Masterkizz

Masterkizz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

Sounds like a tsop flash and not a softmod.

Basically when you solder the points this allows the tsop to be written to - when they are unsoldered the tsop if write protected.

Not really advisable to add/remove solder on such fine points a number of times.

If you want you could even splice a small switch in there so that you have your own write enable disable switch.

#5 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:33 AM

If you are talking of a TSOP flash which is what you are talking about. As a softmod is software placed on the xbox harddrive.
A TSOP flash is writing to the xbox TSOP.

Only unbridge the conection if you feel necessary, leaving it connected does not do anything and disconnecting doesnt do anything.

bridged connections mean - You can reflash the TSOP
unbridged connections mean - You cannot reflash the TSOP

And dont buy a chip when TSOP's are the way to go.
TSOP's are nice and clean, no wires running anywhere if you make it a 1024 BIOS, though if you split it into two 512kb bits you will need a switch and split it four ways you will need two switches.

Anyway, check out "lordvader129" 's signature and it has alot of helpful information.
How to get his signature you may ask, well do a search for usernames. top right hand corner on this page.

hope that helps, goodluck

eminvil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users