• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TRAX_1

TRAX_1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:05 AM

OK so I have read about every tutorial I can find and I don't think that they are very clear on this question. I have a modded xbox 1.0 with the slayers v2.6 auto installed programming on it. However my original xbox dvd drive just crapped out and I am wondering if the 3rd party brands will work as a full replacement. The tutorials are unclear on if the replacement drive will play original xbox games. If not then how are you supposed to save them onto your hard drive. They make it sound like if you completely replace the xbox drive then it will play the originals. Does anyone know for sure? unsure.gif

#2 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(TRAX_1 @ Jul 10 2005, 09:16 PM)
OK so I have read about every tutorial I can find and I don't think that they are very clear on this question. I have a modded xbox 1.0 with the slayers v2.6 auto installed programming on it. However my original xbox dvd drive just crapped out and I am wondering if the 3rd party brands will work as a full replacement. The tutorials are unclear on if the replacement drive will play original xbox games. If not then how are you supposed to save them onto your hard drive. They make it sound like if you completely replace the xbox drive then it will play the originals. Does anyone know for sure? unsure.gif

View Post

im not sure on any of this.

but even if it cant play your originals, just back them up and play them if you know what im saying.
the drive will read your backups of those games.

NOTE: This is not the right forum to post this topic, sure it has some relevance but you would be better off in the hardware/technical chat forum. For next time

#3 TRAX_1

TRAX_1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:31 AM

It just seems like a pain to back up the game to a dvd-rw or r just to turn around and save it onto my xbox hard drive. I am pretty knew to this forum so I didn't see the hardware / technical questions forum so maybe I will post the same over there if that is where people will look for this kind of question. Thanks though I do appreciate the responce.

#4 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(TRAX_1 @ Jul 10 2005, 09:42 PM)
It just seems like a pain to back up the game to a dvd-rw or r just to turn around and save it onto my xbox hard drive. I am pretty knew to this forum so I didn't see the hardware / technical questions forum so maybe I will post the same over there if that is where people will look for this kind of question. Thanks though I do appreciate the responce.

View Post

You could also FTP the games from your P.C to your xbox harddrive. im not sure how to do this but i think this is the common way people do it.
read into it a bit more.

OR

You could buy a real replacement xbox dvd rom drive from a repair joint.
Check out
www.llama.com

Im an aussie so i dont know much US stores but i shop at

www.modsupplier.com

Also check out ebay, i see there are a tonne of original xbox dvd rom drives going for fairly cheap on there and if you do only want to play original games and occasionally the backup'd copy get yourself a thmpson or philips drive. Samsungs are more expensive for reasons i wont go into. Just basically playing more disc types, cd-r etc.

eminvil12

#5 brokenglass

brokenglass

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Location:an IL suburb xbox:1.3 development kit paintball:Ironmen timmy
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:34 PM

supposed to save them onto your hard drive.

i though there was no talk about game backups?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users