• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 albert1971

albert1971

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 08:16 AM

Ok, i've spent the last few hours looking at all kinds of websites and tutorials, but i am still confused, so please forgive my ignorance.

I understand the you need to flash the modchip with a BIOS.
My question is what in the world do i do with the '.bin' evox file i downloaded?
How do i 'flash' the mod chip with this bios?
Next, after that and installing the chip, do i need to do anything else?
There is some scattered mention of making an 'iso' cd...i'm lost.

thanks.

#2 DigitalStryker

DigitalStryker

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 08:36 AM

what kind of mod chip do you have..? different mod-chips have different ways to flash it...i.e. i'll take the most popular ones...the matrix comes with a programmer and all you do is just attach it to the back of your computer, use a program called winlpc, and that program will flash your bin file to the chip...

the xecuter2 pro: when thats solder in correctly i used a program called xecuter bios manager...take my 256k bios (.bin file) make 4 copies to fill up the banks in the chip (256kx4=1 meg), and connect a parrellel cable to the male connection, push write and it flashes the chip....

all programs will prompt you for the .bin file before its ready to flash to your chip...
after you flash the chip and everything works good...no blinking red or orange color when booting, just green..you would make an iso file cd to boot into the xbox and format the upgraded hard drive...that well set the partitions in your xbox and load in evolution dashboard...the xbox will recognized the partitions just like how your original hard drive is set up...only thing different is the f: partition has alot more space to store games, movies, etc.....try to get slayers hd prep...i heard that's a great hdd prepper...

#3 Renegade 193

Renegade 193

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (DigitalStryker @ Apr 3 2003, 09:36 AM)
what kind of mod chip do you have..? different mod-chips have different ways to flash it...i.e. i'll take the most popular ones...the matrix comes with a programmer and all you do is just attach it to the back of your computer, use a program called winlpc, and that program will flash your bin file to the chip...

the xecuter2 pro: when thats solder in correctly i used a program called xecuter bios manager...take my 256k bios (.bin file) make 4 copies to fill up the banks in the chip (256kx4=1 meg), and connect a parrellel cable to the male connection, push write and it flashes the chip....

all programs will prompt you for the .bin file before its ready to flash to your chip...
after you flash the chip and everything works good...no blinking red or orange color when booting, just green..you would make an iso file cd to boot into the xbox and format the upgraded hard drive...that well set the partitions in your xbox and load in evolution dashboard...the xbox will recognized the partitions just like how your original hard drive is set up...only thing different is the f: partition has alot more space to store games, movies, etc.....try to get slayers hd prep...i heard that's a great hdd prepper...

i dont know what your talking about here whats an iso explain the hardrive upgrade thuroughly to me this is the part wher i have the hardest time

#4 DigitalStryker

DigitalStryker

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:55 AM

an iso is the image used to burn on a cd or dvd to be readed in the xbox...you can load up a game or programs but they have to be in a certain format..an iso file...you would make an iso file out of these hard drive prep programs to boot into the xbox and format your upgraded hard drive...you can upgrade your stock 8 gig hard drive to a maximum of 120 gigs...with this extra space you can store games, movies, and run all the cool programs mention in these forums...

#5 Renegade 193

Renegade 193

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 11:44 AM

thanks that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users