• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 corewin

corewin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:24 PM

I need help I have a v1.1 xbox w/ matrix modchip and every time I boot the xbox it powercycles 3 times folowed by Red/Green flash wether i have the modchip installed or not.
I tried the following:
Checked D0 and all surrounding connections
Flash modchip with about 8 different bios versions
Removed mochip completly

I think I might of shorted the D0 point. because it won't even boot without the modchip. I checked all the point and traces arround the D0 point with a multimedia and they don't seem to be fused together
If anyone has any ideas let me know

#2 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:30 AM

I had an XBox that did the EXACT same thing. With or without the chip.. it wouldnt boot. If I re-aligned it, sometimes it would boot.. then freeze, or still nothing at all. To this day, if I remove the chip it still won't boot. However, after playing with it for countless hours, I was able to get it to boot from the chip (knock on wood). I just kept re-aligning it and trying it. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but it is all I have to offer.

#3 fobber

fobber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:48 AM

GREEN/RED Flashing: Most probably a bad chip or bad BIOS

http://www.matrixmod...xbox-errors.php

Thats where I got that info from. I also have the same problem. I made sure the matrix light is on to let me know the chip has power, other than that it wont boot up the BIOS. Is there a way to fix this, if not what solutions do you recommend (I prefer not replacing the BIOS since I dont know how to configure it)? Buying a new chip?

#4 MonsterTy

MonsterTy

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:48 AM

You could attempt to flash it with a newer BIOS (something like X2 4983) as long as the BIOS you flash it with is 256k in size. A BIOS like the X2 really wouldn't need any configuration on your part, unless there were specific things you wanted customized. Or, as you stated, you could buy a new chip. In all honesty, that would probably be the way to go, as I'm feeling like once one of these chips starts acting up this way, it probably won't stop.

Edited by MonsterTy, 16 July 2005 - 06:09 AM.

#5 corewin

corewin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:30 AM

Update
Well i tried a new modchip and that didn't help.
I flashed the new one with 4 different bios none will work
anymore suggestions?

#6 ranbou

ranbou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:27 PM

I have the same thing going on with a box I modded. With the one I modded (Xecuter 2.6) it boots fine to the mod chip. However, when you turn the chip off and boot to the MS Dashboard it does the 3 frag thing. I had trouble solering the d0 on the bottom and ended up soldering it to the top. I think I may have "broken" the d0 connection on the bottom of the board because all of the solder that was originally on that point is gone. So, you might try making sure there is a good connection there. I gave the box to my buddy and he is using it. I haven't had a chance to test my theory yet.

#7 myndphuk

myndphuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:51 AM

I had the same problem (different chip though).

In the end, under a big magnifying glass, I had discovered that I had "de-soldered" (or what have you) away the D0 track on the PCB. Using a small wire, I was able to "bridge" that gap and she has been beaut ever since.

--mynd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users